Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mickeyfreefall

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2009
Can I plug an usb External Hard drive into my Apple TV it extend the storage?
My Apple TV is version 2.4.

daflake

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2008
Can I plug an usb External Hard drive into my Apple TV it extend the storage?
My Apple TV is version 2.4.

No, but I think that you might be able to do it if you hack it. That being said, the port is only for Apple to service it.

Dapness

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2008

Using this method do I have to do anything special to enable the USB port or should it be ready to go after completeing the install through Apple TV GUI?? Meaning, do I have to ssh through terminal and monkey around with script at all. The reason I ask is because I used this tutorial and got everything installed onto my Apple TV correctly (Nito TV, Saphire, ATV Files ...), powered it off, plugged in my external drive formated Mac Extended (not journaled), powered it on but can't see it through Files or Nito TV. It may be something with my external drive but I was hoping someone here could help. All I want is additional storage for my Apple TV :confused:

Steppenwolf323

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2005
External Hard Drives for Multiple Apple TVs

Hi

I have 2 Apple TVs. Using the process you gentlemen directed us toward is it possible to store my media (iTunes) and otherwise on two seperate hard drives attached to Apple TVs?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.