Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bathplug

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
With home sharing I can sign into my apple i.d on a family members iphone in settings>music> home sharing and let them stream my music. If I buy itunes match can I do the same by signing into my apple i.d in settings>music>itunes match on their phones?

If so would they still be able to stay sign into there own apple i.d for their icloud backups etc like they can with home sharing.

thanks

Tiptizzle

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2011
With home sharing I can sign into my apple i.d on a family members iphone in settings>music> home sharing and let them stream my music. If I buy itunes match can I do the same by signing into my apple i.d in settings>music>itunes match on their phones?

If so would they still be able to stay sign into there own apple i.d for their icloud backups etc like they can with home sharing.

thanks

iTunes match seems to use whatever iTunes Account you are logged into on the phone.

famous600

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
So no way around it then?

Nope. Whatever account they are logged into is what matters. So under the store section of the settings app, if they are logged in with your ID they can use match. If not then no go.

Edit: also the iCloud ID and app store ID can be two different things.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.