Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
I think I have created one of the best titles for a thread, it could be about anything.

Anyway, my question is about playing games on the Mac. I just bought Halo for the Mac and installed it on my 1 ghz 12" PB, and it runs well enough. So, I thought since it plays this good on my computer, it must play awesome on my Dad's dual 1.8 G5 PM with 128 mb of rams. I installed it an it runs DEATH SLOW! Jerky as h*ll even when I put it on the worst settings. Do you guys think I should try reinstalling it or something? Just seems werid that it would do that on that good of a system. Any ideas?

beefcake

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2003
Baltimore
A reinstall wouldn't hurt, but it sounds like the dual 1.8 has way too little ram. I know its annoying when you ask how to boost performance and someone says "spend more money" but 128mb of ram is a very small amount. If you can, consider upgrading to at least 256, 512 if possible.

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
sorry

I meant 128 mb of video ram, it has 512 of regular ram. My PB only has 32 mb of video. Hope that clarifies things.

Elan0204

macrumors 65816
Apr 16, 2002
Chicago, IL
crackrock said:
...worst thread title ... ever...

It defeats the purpose of a thread title. That's spam ethics.

Actually, posting a bad thread title is poor forum etiquette, not spam. Posting a message that serves no purpose besides insulting the thread title and offers no help for the poster's problem, now that is spam.

wwooden, I've heard strange things about Halo's performace, so a reinstall might be a good bet. Also, if there are any patches available for Hal,o make sure you install them. Other than that I can't offer much advice on your problem.

I can, however, offer this advice to you instead. Private message a moderator (like Doctor Q) and ask them to move this thread to the Mac Gaming forum, and also ask them to give it a different title when they move it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.