Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dr Kevorkian94

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
SI, NY
well i have this wallpaper and its not exactly "HD" or nice because it is a bit pixleated. so i was wondering if someone could fix it to make it look super nice (by that i mean as good as possible) on my mac (1920 x 1200). im not very good with photoshop or gimp so can anyone help. there is the image:

Attachments

• Yellow_submarine_by_xanthousis.jpg
    Yellow_submarine_by_xanthousis.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 199

SatyMahajan

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2009
Cambridge, MA
When you change the image size in Photoshop, there's a pull-down menu at the bottom with some important settings. Use the "Bicubic Smoother (best for enlargements)" setting. I did that then applied a Smart Blur.

mtbdudex

macrumors 68030
Aug 28, 2007
SE Michigan
Does this work? I made it 2560 x 1600 for good measure ;)

When you change the image size in Photoshop, there's a pull-down menu at the bottom with some important settings. Use the "Bicubic Smoother (best for enlargements)" setting. I did that then applied a Smart Blur.

its better but the words are still blury and most of the lines to the submarine are too.

I think ByteOfApple did a great job, on my 27" iMac I can see the image very well, here are 800x800 screen grabs.
Dr Kevorkian94, something must be wrong with your monitor or eyes, sorry.
Image-YellowSub800pix.jpg

Text-YellowSub800pix.jpg

eellingb

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2009
Unfortunately, because the original is a bitmap, this is the best I think you can expect with out recreating it. Photoshop is trying to determine what the new pixels need to be when enlarged. The process he used is the best but still limited because Photoshop is actually creating new pixels. If this were vector art it would be simple, such as created in Illustrator.

Dr Kevorkian94

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
SI, NY
aww well thanks anyway, u did doo a good job i just thought it could be better untill u explained why . so thanks :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.