Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sundance Kid

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
Canada
Can u upgrade a 15in pb 1.5 to have 128mb vram? I was just wondering cause on the apple website you can't do that... but some people around here i see have some how got the 128mb card on their pb. :confused:

Another question: Can I buy a mac and buy the apple care later? If so, how much later?

Thanks a lot for your help! :D

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
The 128 MB of VRAM was a build-to-order option. As far as I know, other than replacing the motherboard, you can't get it after the fact.

As far as AppleCare goes, you can buy it any time before the original warranty expires.

joepunk

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2004
a profane existence
Sundance Kid said:
Can u upgrade a 15in pb 1.5 to have 128mb vram? I was just wondering cause on the apple website you can't do that... but some people around here i see have some how got the 128mb card on their pb. :confused:

Another question: Can I buy a mac and buy the apple care later? If so, how much later?

Thanks a lot for your help! :D

Like what bousozoku said

Most of us who have a 1.5Ghz PB have the previous version, not the latest one. In that version (which was the high-end of the 15" line) we had the option to include the 128 vram just as the 1.67GHz gives you that option.

And, yes you can purchase Apple Care later. A good wait period would be before your 12 months are up IMO.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.