Can you change scroll wheel rates in Tiger?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dolphin842, May 12, 2005.

1. dolphin842 macrumors 65816

dolphin842

I noticed that on Tiger my scroll wheel rate is very tiny... less than one line of normal text. Is there any way to set the scroll rate to something more? I tried "Scrolling Speed" in Sys Prefs but that just adjusts the acceleration; I'm looking for each 'knob' of the scroll wheel to scroll 3+ lines even if I don't scroll really fast. Are there any options or third party utilities to let me do this?

2. Thorne^ macrumors newbie

Depends which Mouse you have, for USB Mice can you try the USB Overdrive tool, is it a Logitech USB Mouse you can change the scrollspeed with the Logitech Control Center 1.5.0 .

Don't know for Bluetooth Mice.

3. dolphin842 thread starter macrumors 65816

dolphin842

Hi and thanks for the links.

While both of those options fix my scroll rate (I have a basic logitech optical mouse)... they keep my middle mouse button from using Expose :(.

I'm wondering though if there is just a system setting somewhere that I'm missing, because the scroll rate was completely normal under Panther...

4. Thorne^ macrumors newbie

True, in difference to the Logitech Control Center for Windows XP, is there no option for custom button settings. Could be a nice thing for Expose.