Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dolphin842

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 14, 2004
I noticed that on Tiger my scroll wheel rate is very tiny... less than one line of normal text. Is there any way to set the scroll rate to something more? I tried "Scrolling Speed" in Sys Prefs but that just adjusts the acceleration; I'm looking for each 'knob' of the scroll wheel to scroll 3+ lines even if I don't scroll really fast. Are there any options or third party utilities to let me do this?

Thorne^

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2005
Germany
dolphin842 said:
I noticed that on Tiger my scroll wheel rate is very tiny... less than one line of normal text. Is there any way to set the scroll rate to something more? I tried "Scrolling Speed" in Sys Prefs but that just adjusts the acceleration; I'm looking for each 'knob' of the scroll wheel to scroll 3+ lines even if I don't scroll really fast. Are there any options or third party utilities to let me do this?

Depends which Mouse you have, for USB Mice can you try the USB Overdrive tool, is it a Logitech USB Mouse you can change the scrollspeed with the Logitech Control Center 1.5.0 .

Don't know for Bluetooth Mice.

dolphin842

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 14, 2004
Hi and thanks for the links.

While both of those options fix my scroll rate (I have a basic logitech optical mouse)... they keep my middle mouse button from using Expose :(.

I'm wondering though if there is just a system setting somewhere that I'm missing, because the scroll rate was completely normal under Panther...

Thorne^

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2005
Germany
dolphin842 said:
Hi and thanks for the links.

While both of those options fix my scroll rate (I have a basic logitech optical mouse)... they keep my middle mouse button from using Expose :(.

I'm wondering though if there is just a system setting somewhere that I'm missing, because the scroll rate was completely normal under Panther...

True, in difference to the Logitech Control Center for Windows XP, is there no option for custom button settings. Could be a nice thing for Expose.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.