Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DARKiLLUSiON

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2007
Toronto, Canada
anyone able to reserve phone today on apple site?
i am trying since 12 but it never reserves.. always gives error

it works for me but most of the locations here in Toronto are either sold out on the Gold/Silver or just 16GB left BUT plenty of space grey models in all sizes

----------

I have just reserved a pickup for a 6, space grey 64 gb

Now I am currently using a iphone 4 which uses a micro sim. I am a fido customer, will they have a nano sim in store that they will be able to provide to me? how does that usually work?

Is your phone a hardware upgrade or are you still in contract?
Mine was a hardware upgrade and I'm no longer in contract with Fido but renew with them through Apple. They gave me a free sim card the day when I picked up the iP6.
*Fido as well*

robxxx

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2012

I was successful in making a reservation today at around 12:05 for the Metrotown, Vancouver store.

I bought a nano sim from fido, paid the $12 including tax not knowing that apple would be able to give me one for free (I didn't see the helpful advice above in time unfortunately). No big deal, I got my iPhone 6 set up in the store and I am really stoked with it.

----------

Is your phone a hardware upgrade or are you still in contract?
Mine was a hardware upgrade and I'm no longer in contract with Fido but renew with them through Apple. They gave me a free sim card the day when I picked up the iP6.
*Fido as well*

I am on a BYO month by month plan. I opted to keep my current plan and just buy outright. I am traveller here on working visa and have no idea what I will be doing in one month, let alone 24 months.

MikeNemat

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2006

At 12AM, everyone is hammering the reserve button as fast as they can. It might be better to snipe the smaller shipments throughout the day (usually in the afternoon). There's a few free notifications scripts out there or pay services like http://www.iphonestock.ca which can send you emails and SMS alerts when reservations are available.

marchiore

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2014
Brazil
Someone just go to the store and see if have any iPhone 6+ avaliable in the stock? If not, they say when it ill be avaliable?

El Aurens

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2010
London, Ontario, Canada
I reserved a 6+ 128GB Space Grey right at midnight EST. Picking it up today from the Masonville store.

Picking up the iPhone I reserved last night at 5pm today. Just checked my pre-order for a 6+ 64GB SG (ordered Sept 12th) that was supposed to ship Oct 14-22, the status just changed to Preparing to Ship! Which capacity do I really want? :)

Last edited:

DominoBear

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Picking up the iPhone I reserved last night at 5pm today. Just checked my pre-order for a 6+ 64GB SG (ordered Sept 12th) that was supposed to ship Oct 14-22, the status just changed to Preparing to Ship! Which capacity do I really want? :)

Consider that you could still be a week to get it if you wait for your pre-order. Mine shipped from China last Friday.... Still waiting

----------

In Canada, will buying an iPhone outright save you money compared to getting one with a 2-year contract?

Depends on your Carrier. If they will provide you a "bring your own phone", or "No Tab" discount", then buying outright is the way to go.

Nick77

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2012
Because of my work, I’m often in the States and on the road
Is it possible to buy the iPhone6 In the States, bring it in Canada and activate it with Telus ?

Thanks,

more fps

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2011
Ottawa
Because of my work, I’m often in the States and on the road

Is it possible to buy the iPhone6 In the States, bring it in Canada and activate it with Telus ?

Thanks,

That's what i did just make sure to buy the T-Mobile no contract from Apple Store which will be unlocked

thedarkhorse

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2007
Canada
Rogers must have just got a shipment in for reservations. I went from dropping a few positions per day since last friday to jumping from ~90 last night to "In progress" today.

numbersyx

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2006
Consider that you could still be a week to get it if you wait for your pre-order. Mine shipped from China last Friday.... Still waiting

----------

Depends on your Carrier. If they will provide you a "bring your own phone", or "No Tab" discount", then buying outright is the way to go.

Fido is offering a bring your own phone discount. 10% off the $60 plan which is unlimited call and text across Canada and 1GB of data. Not bad...

DARKiLLUSiON

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2007
Toronto, Canada
And What about the iPhone 6 plus in apple store? are normal stocks? Or there is still lack of product?

Bookmark this site!
http://www.ashbalu.com/iphone.php

Is a live inventory check across Canada, not once but twice I managed to reserved the iP6..(silver swap to gold 64GB) because if that website! Really have to thank the guy that made the site though.

marchiore

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2014
Brazil
The link doesnt open :(

show the message:

Not Found

The requested URL /iphone.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

[FOUND THE CORRECT LINK]

http://www.ashbalu.com/iphone2.php

Last edited:

DARKiLLUSiON

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Good to know! I just noticed they revamped their website, before they listed every single store in Canada but now you can pin point the location(s) to be refreshed every 5 seconds! Good luck :D

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
anyone order from apple.ca online?

did you get good UPS updates, mine has not moved from China even though it still saying Oct 2 End of Day Delivery

I do recall UPS and Fedex not showing accurate updates until its actually in Canada in the past, anyone else experience this?

HJ24

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2011
United States
anyone order from apple.ca online?

did you get good UPS updates, mine has not moved from China even though it still saying Oct 2 End of Day Delivery

I do recall UPS and Fedex not showing accurate updates until its actually in Canada in the past, anyone else experience this?

Mine too! Lets hope it's just a UPS tracker updating issue and not a delay...

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
mine is now in Okasa Japan

is this normal for canadian orders?

when I order from apple.ca for an item in stock it usually goes through Louisville, items coming direct from China skip the US and come straight to Canada from Japan?

RDAR

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2012
That http://www.ashbalu.com/iphone2.php just got me a 64GB Space Grey iPhone 6 Plus! Been checking that site like crazy and reserved one for pickup later tonight. Checked back on ashbalu site and it was gone. Everyone is so fast lol. Just a question though, if I put reserve for pickup between 6-7 can i go in earlier and claim it or will the apple geniuses be busy with other appointments. Gonna get of work early so I want to go right then lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.