Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djeeyore25

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 23, 2014
New York City
I subscribe to iTunes Match and used to be able to browse my music library on the Apple TV, both 3rd and 4th gen. Now I can't find the option to do so. All the remote app lets me do is basic directional controls. The options button does nothing. I can still browse and control iTunes on my computers using the app. Am I missing something? Did this feature go away? I like not having to turn the TV on to listen to music.

priitv8

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2011
Estonia
I figured out, that you need to connect to your iTunes, not appleTV.
Then, you can browse your full library as you used to. Play a piece and turn on AirPlay from iPhone.
Voila!

djeeyore25

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 23, 2014
New York City
I figured out, that you need to connect to your iTunes, not appleTV.
Then, you can browse your full library as you used to. Play a piece and turn on AirPlay from iPhone.
Voila!
That's a functional workaround. Hopefully they'll fix the app to the way it was, but this works in the meantime. Thanks!

priitv8

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2011
Estonia
That's a functional workaround. Hopefully they'll fix the app to the way it was, but this works in the meantime. Thanks!
The concept is more ChromeCast-like, I admit.
But the end result is the same as in old version - just a shift in usage pattern.
iPhone is not the middleman. aTV knows to take the stream directly from your iTunes.
You can try - turn your iPhone completely off and see what happens.

Reactions: djeeyore25
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.