Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marineoceania

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
Hey guys, I just got my iPod Touch and its great. The only thing is, I can't connect to Allegheny's wireless (where I go to school). I went to the "tech support" and I got there and they said they are working on it and it had something to do with the host or something. The guy I talked to had an iPhone in his hands when I went in so I guess I'm not alone. Is there any solution you guys could think of? I've been using my macbook as a wireless router and it kind of works.... and any other wireless network works as well, just not Allegheny's. I can use my Macbook fine on their network though so I really have no idea.

SirithX

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2007
San Francisco
That's something you need to work out with your school's tech support. Over here at FSU, our university wi-fi network simply works by connecting to it, then logging in with your student ID and password.

marineoceania

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
yeah its an open network, but when I first got here I had to like, register on it. Their network sucks to begin with.

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
well, if they claim they know about the problem and are working on it, what do you expect us to do?

RedDragon870503

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2006
If it is like mine it uses WPA Enterprise security. I called iPod Touch tech support last night as well as my IT dept and both confirmed that the iPod Touch is not yet compatible with this type of security but is likely to be in the future with a simple (I don't know how simple) update.

I set up my iMac to use internet sharing with my Touch and it works great (as long as I am in my own apt).

marcongj

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2007
I go to the University of Dayton and all I have to do is log in with my username and password and my whole campus is practically wireless so I love the fact that I can use my touch anywhere

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.