Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daniel-shi

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2010
hey guys,

a while ago i could connect to my home wifi with my iphone 4 and lately almost 2 months ago i cant. Its an iPhone 4 16GB, and I'll upload some images so i can help you guys understand :)

photo 1.PNG
ok so photo one (above) shows that I can see my network, and i've blacked it out for security and all that.

photo 2.PNG
photo 2 (Above) shows that with my correct password and such in, my phone still rejects to connect, but with photo 3 (below) it shows a tick next to the name, but its actually not connected and you can see i still have 3g up the top.

photo 3.PNG

Can you guys help me at all? If so that would be great because all i use now is 3g and it is really annoying and costly to my bill. TYIA

ps, if you guys need router/modem information and such, just tell me and ill be happy to let you know :)

Last edited:

atlanticza

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
Cape Town
A simple fix may be by deleting the 'network' that you phone recognises - 'Forget this network', then set it up again.

spaghetti head

macrumors member
May 5, 2011
On my wi-fi I have had to tweak the wi-fi settings on my computer to get my iPhone to work. One day it's fine, the next, no conection. I'm at work, so I can't tell you what I changed.

TBRAMS

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_9 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E501 Safari/6533.18.5)

Goto Setting-Reset-reset network setting...... Then re-enter your wifi password... Hope that helps

daniel-shi

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2010
A simple fix may be by deleting the 'network' that you phone recognises - 'Forget this network', then set it up again.

there is no 'forget this network'. if i tap the blue arrow, it shows nothing (image below)

photo.PNG

daniel-shi

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2010
On my wi-fi I have had to tweak the wi-fi settings on my computer to get my iPhone to work. One day it's fine, the next, no conection. I'm at work, so I can't tell you what I changed.

what do you mean by tweak the wifi settings? could you provide more detail?

daniel-shi

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2010
*fixed*

hey guys, thanks for all your help. i rang the apple guys and they suggested to turn off my security to see if it was a problem with the security code, and it seems it was, so it is all fixed. thanks :D :)

nannymoo

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2011
Wisconsin
I suddenly have this problem

I installed a Motorola Gateway SBG6580 on my Charter cable. It set up fine and I had WiFi throughout the house until an hour ago. I also have a Logitech keyboard for use with the TV. That couldn't connect with the TV internet yesterday, and today my iPhone can't connect to the WiFi. My computer is fully connected with my Airport Express, though.

Where is the problem? The lights are all green on the front of the modem, and the Motorola network shows up on the iPhone as normal, but I get the "unable to connect" message.

Where is security in Settings? Why doesn't it ask for a password?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.