Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

austinlallen

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2011
Hello Everyone,

I bought my imac back in April 2011 and i installed a bootcamp partition very shortly after. Well recently, i need to reformat the partition because of huge issues with windows part. So i removed the partiton via bootcamp manager and now i cant see to create a create the partition using bootcamp partiton or disk utility. I tried Idefrag to defrag my hard drive and it i still get the same error, does anyone know what i should do??

Thanks for Replies

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
Boot to your install DVD or Lion Recovery and run Repair Disk. If it finds errors and fixes them, try running Boot Camp Assistant again. If no errors are found, create a new partition while still in Disk Utility and then right after, delete it. Try running the Boot Camp Assistant again. Should you get errors that can't be repaired or the creating/deleting a partition doesn't allow you to set up Boot Camp, you'll want to backup the system, perform a clean install, then recover your data before trying Boot Camp again.

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
This might not help, but I gave up BootCamp early in the process and bought Fusion and haven't had to worry about it. It's $49.99 at Best Buy, and I can put damn near anything in Fusion partitions. Love it, love it... (Only wish it would do Novell Netware 4.x/3.x)

davidg4781

macrumors 68030
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
I've had this come up before. Just like that poster above said, I believe the only solution is to reformat the entire hard drive and reinstall OS X.

You might look into buying a partitioning app, but I'm not sure if that would be worth it for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.