Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UKnjb

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 23, 2005
London, UK
Hello.
I have my PowerMac G4 set up with a main Admin account and a routine restricted Daily account, with permissions set for all major applications, including Photoshop. OS = Panther 10.3.9
Everything has been working fine until ---- I installed Lintotype FontExplorer, went to Photoshop, fiddled around with an image went to save it for the Web (File>Save for Web) and found I couldn't! Instead I got this error message
View attachment 44154
This hasn't happened before - never been a problem with my set-up.
I went into my main Admin account, opened Photoshop etc and COULD save it for the Web. No problems.
I have uninstalled the Linotype app, cleaned out the .plist preference files, restarted, with permissions being repaired along the way. And the problem is still there in my Daily account. Not there in my Admin account.
Any advice, please?????

EDIT Point: Oh oh! Problem sorted. I have just got some info from a friend. Somewhere along the process, my default browser had been set to Shiira in my Daily account. Apparently Photoshop will only accept Safari. Although I only use Shiira, I hadn't set it as the default browser and so everything worked up until the 'change'. Sorry for wasting a New Thread, but if anyone else has this problem, here is the answer! Set the Default Browser to Safari.

supremedesigner

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2005
Preference

Hmm. I would say it could be bad photoshop preference file. In order to "refresh photoshop pref". You will need to trash it by going to:

Quit Photoshop... Go to User > Library > Preferences > Adobe Photoshop CS Settings > Adobe Photoshop CS Prefs.psp and trash it. Open Photoshop and it should work.

Stampyhead

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2004
London, UK
That happened to me once. I just restarted my computer and then it was fine. Try that first before you trash any preference files.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Interesting. I just set Firefox as my default browser and then did a Save for Web... out of CS2 with no problems. What version of PS are you running?

UKnjb

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 23, 2005
London, UK
emw said:
Interesting. I just set Firefox as my default browser and then did a Save for Web... out of CS2 with no problems. What version of PS are you running?

Thanks emw and everybody for your feedback! Although I have it sorted (see the edit point in my OP above), it is still confusing to me. I was pointed to a link in the Adobe support site where this exact problem is detailed and it describes the problem with Firefox beta and how it had been fixed with release 1.

All that remains is that I use the Shiira browser, somewhere along the line a flag had been set that screwed Photoshop (CS BTW) and maybe I should do a load more research before running for help to these brilliantly helpful forums.

Thanks again and have fun!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.