Can't add new music to iTunes 11

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by William Gates, Dec 2, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

I've got some .mp3's in my download folder and they will not show up in my library no matter if I drag and drop, go to File>Add to Library, or even if I double click to play the song. Anyone else having this problem? No clue what to do.

2. macrumors member

encountered the exact same issue. I have no idea what is going on.

3. macrumors newbie

same here. I quit iTunes. opened it up. still wasnt there. this was in album view or even by searching.

had a look in my smart folder for 'new music' and there is was!

Searched again and it would show up in the search but if i went back to album or song view etc... nothing.

Took a few mins and then it decided to show up....
    rather odd.

seemed that itunes was just a bit slow at updating the DB

4. macrumors regular

I can't add .mov files, or play .mov files that are already in the library. They open in QT, and they worked fine in iTunes 10. I'm hoping it's a bug, but considering that they took away options in the interface, I wonder if they just decided to drop support for some older codecs? :(

5. macrumors member

Signing out worked for me. As soon as i went back to my library after signing out the music I had added (one folder, 23 songs) was there. I do not use iTunes match

6. macrumors newbie

Convert to AIFF

I used an app called SWITCH to convert the mp3 to AIFF and iTunes accepted it. It's not practical but it works.

7. macrumors newbie

iTunes match

It seems to be al problem with iTunes Match. When adding a song I saw the cloud icon 'loading' and it wouldn't stop. So I signed out of iTunes Match, restarted iTunes and only then I was able to add new songs.

8. macrumors newbie

Fix

I had this issue, just sign out, add music, sign back in and it works. When I did it, I didn't have to re-add anything, just searched and it worked.

9. macrumors newbie

Can't add songs to iTunes

CAN"T ADD NEW SONGS
    iTunes 11.0.1 on IMac, Have 200GB of songs, Using OSX 10.6.8
    I put in a CD . It shows that it is adding the songs , but then the songs don't show up in the Library.
    I don't use match or connect to the cloud
    I'm not using OSX 10.8

10. macrumors newbie

Thanx Phoxphire. Similar worked for me. Just had to sign in, and then added my songs. Could not add anything not signed in