Cant change site location in server.app

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by j15big, Aug 8, 2011.

1. j15big, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2011

macrumors newbie

Im trying to host a website on Lion Server. I enabled web hosting in server.app, but for whatever reason the location of the site defaulted to /var/empty and I cannot change it when I click edit. When I try to visit the web site I get a Forbidden error. I tried to create a new site entry with the same host name but it doesn't work.

Im a noob if you can't tell, any help is appreciated.
    Thanks

edit: grammar

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 65816

RafaelT

This is a common issue, it appears to be a bug in Lion Server... one of many.

There are some settings that can be edited in the apache2 directory. I don't have time to walk you through it right now but if you Google "/var/empty/ lion server" that might point you in the right direction. Someone else here may be able to go into more detail with you as well.

3. macrumors newbie

Ive tried this:

didn't seem to work unless i did it wrong. is this what you are referring to?

4. macrumors 65816

RafaelT

No, thats not the fix for your issue. You need to edit one of the files and change the document root. I'll see if i can find it later

5. macrumors newbie

Thank you. I appreciate your help.