Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VFN

macrumors member
Original poster
May 5, 2012
Yes. Is he running the latest 10.10.1?

As far as I know he's up-to-date. I think the genius at the Genius Bar may not be a genius.

Is it possible those two Dock folders have become corrupt in some way? Is there a way to delete them then create new ones?

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
As far as I know he's up-to-date. I think the genius at the Genius Bar may not be a genius.

Is it possible those two Dock folders have become corrupt in some way? Is there a way to delete them then create new ones?

You can drag folders out of the Dock and drag them back in from the Finder if that's what you mean.

VFN

macrumors member
Original poster
May 5, 2012
You can drag folders out of the Dock and drag them back in from the Finder if that's what you mean.

Drag them out of the Dock to where? Just drag them off the Dock and release and the folders disappear?

To add, would be Go > Home then drag those folders onto the Dock?

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Drag them out of the Dock to where? Just drag them off the Dock and release and the folders disappear?

To add, would be Go > Home then drag those folders onto the Dock?

Exactly. Stacks are nothing more than aliases that can fan out and display the contents.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.