Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Baseballdad20

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2020
I have a 2015 MacBook Pro. I had an issue where the keyboard and touchpad stopped working. I was able to fix that.

Now when I try to log into the desktop it will spin for a couple seconds, the screen will go blank then come up and the scroll bar will show and go across an inch or so then re-boot and bring me back to the login screen again. I've tried logging in a number of times and still the same thing

I have tried to boot in SAFE mode, re-set the NVRAM and tried a internet recovery. Nothing has been working so far. Are there any fixes for this?

Thanks!
Todd

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
I don't think I'm going to have the expertise to help but make sure you post the OS version the mac is running

Baseballdad20

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2020
I'm actually helping a friend with his MacBook and since I can't log in I'm not sure what the OS version is unless there is another way to check.

Baseballdad20

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2020
I'm actually helping a friend with his MacBook and since I can't log in I'm not sure what the OS version is unless there is another way to check

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
Could you plug in a USB keyboard and USB mouse, and try rebooting that way...?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.