Can't log out

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by GeeYouEye, Mar 23, 2005.

1. macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

I can't log out. I click the link, and it says Cookies Cleared, but if I try to visit the forums again, either through the links provided, or by navigating from the main site, I remain logged in. This in OmniWeb, Shiira, and Safari.

2. Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

A simple explanation: You are a good forum member so we like keeping you at MacRumors. :)

A more accurate explanation: The forum software has done that before. We'll see if we can figure out what you should do about it.

By the way, why do you want to logout?

3. thread starter macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

Was doing some packet capturing, and I was using MacRumors as my test site. Incidentally, I was eventually able to log myself out by manually deleting the cookies (thank you OmniWeb!)

4. Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I learned that we can't easily force a logout when the cookie-clearing function doesn't work, but you already found the next-best solution we know - clearing them manually with your web browser's help.

And OmniWeb has the best cookie management of any browser I've used.

5. macrumors Core

MacNut

6. Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I've had that problem too, you choose to log out and it doesn't happen. I also can't log out of my MS Passport.

7. macrumors G4

wrldwzrd89

I have an even stranger login/logout problem. Let's say I come here, post some stuff, leave (and stay logged in), Reset Safari, come back, and try to post. What happens is one of two things: either I'm still logged in despite the reset, or it looks like I'm logged in but I'm really not logged in (I get a login message when I try to post).