Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rafaelperini

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2002
Just went to LondonDrugs (one of the big authorized dealers for Apple in Canada) and I noticed that there was no iMac in expo there.. then I asked if I could order one. He said that as soon as Apple starts shipping them again, I would be able to do so. The guy said that 15" models I could still find in some other stores, so he could get it for me, but NO 17" left.

I know that these people have NO information whatsoever from Cupertino. They don't really know when new models are coming. They don't know anything. But one thing is for sure, they want to sell. And I can garantee you that if there was a 17" iMac in the region, he would get it for me. If he could order one, he would place the order immediately. And they are a big store here. Despite the name, they don't sell only drugs.... they are big in computer and probably one of the biggest in Apple in Alberta.

I know that people in the past have heard from BestBuy salesman etc.. and they are not really reliable. I was wondering if anyone have heard this kind of info again. Also, those whatever letter they put in a model that is not been produced anymore....

Anyway, I just hope that this is really a good indicator of new models arriving soon. I am just waiting for this to make the big buy!

ps. Apple.ca still have iMacs for sale... 5-7 weeks.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
it is because new stuff is soon. why would he want to order an imac when he will be having to sell and outdated computer in a couple of weeks. this is completly normal and any smart reseller would do the same.

iJon

rafaelperini

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2002
Originally posted by iJon
it is because new stuff is soon. why would he want to order an imac when he will be having to sell and outdated computer in a couple of weeks. this is completly normal and any smart reseller would do the same.

iJon

I hope so iJon, WE hope so!

Rafael

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.