Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SuperFreak

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
I have a 12GB iPod touch, with a paid Apple Music account, i have download at least 800 tracks on my iPod, loads of albums, i have iCloud Music Library ticked, and i have also properly downloaded the tracks so that i can play them offline (i'm sure it used to say "make available offline"), however i no longer see that option, only the Cloud/Download icon.

I can see my library on my iPod, but when im not in the house, it says "This song can't be played. To remove all Apple Music songs, disable iCloud Music Library form Music in the Settings app"...

What has happened? I used to be able to play my songs but, now I cant?

I've since unticked iCloud Music Library so i imagine all those songs ill have to download onto my iPod again if I can fix this.

Any help?

Thanks

Mudodonbond

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2015
USA
I have a 12GB iPod touch, with a paid Apple Music account, i have download at least 800 tracks on my iPod, loads of albums, i have iCloud Music Library ticked, and i have also properly downloaded the tracks so that i can play them offline (i'm sure it used to say "make available offline"), however i no longer see that option, only the Cloud/Download icon.

I can see my library on my iPod, but when im not in the house, it says "This song can't be played. To remove all Apple Music songs, disable iCloud Music Library form Music in the Settings app"...

I've since unticked iCloud Music Library so i imagine all those songs ill have to download onto my iPod again if I can fix this.

Any help?

Thanks
Used to happen to me. Just reconnect to wifi and play one of the downloaded songs. Then turn off wifi. Should work. I'm guessing it has to verify the songs.

Allandwong

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2016

Any help?

Thanks
[doublepost=1457814221][/doublepost]I followed steps on making my music available offline from everywhere. No good, I get a pop up with a message "This song can't be played" then below that states To remove all Apple Music Songs, disable iCloud Music Library from Music in the settings app. I definitely don't want to do that. I have gone on Apple.com, I have called support and I even brought it to the Apple Store with no solution. I was told Apple Support would call me back. still waiting.

rigormortis

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
i have apple music. i went and got ' killed by death ' by Motörhead and added it to my music and downloaded it then put my iPhone in airplane mode and rebooted into airplane mode. and this song is still playing. yeah, this is a mystery

maybe you need to sign out and sign into itunes again

i like itunes match personally

i think apple music requires you to click on add to my music and also click on download song so you have to click twice. but guess you already know that

Last edited:

Superspeed1234

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2016

Any help?

Thanks
I had the same issue. I tied quitting the app and opening it again. That didn't work. Let me tell you what fixed it for me. THIS IS HOW TO FIX IT. Shut down the phone/iPad or whatever it is. Then put it in airplane mode. Once you do that go into Apple Music, and listen to an offline song. After that you can turn airplane mode and it should work. I hope it works for you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.