Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmoney101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2013
I tried to restore my iphone back to factory settings so i could give it to my mom. But midway through the process, it gave me an error 2005 (saying something is wrong with the USB, which is perfectly fine). Now it's stuck in recovery mode. I've tried it from recovery and dfu mode. I've been through a bunch of pages that are supposed to help, but nothing has helped. Are there any apps besides iTunes that I could use to manually install ios 6.1.4? Thank you

raviluke

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2013
Try a different computer. Sometimes drivers on one conflict and doesn't allow things to work. I have has similar issues with restoring one one computer but on the other everything was smooth. Try it out, it might just work.

safdar

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2013
Try a different computer. Sometimes drivers on one conflict and doesn't allow things to work. I have has similar issues with restoring one one computer but on the other everything was smooth. Try it out, it might just work.

Agree. I have also tried on other computer and the issue was solved.

dmoney101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2013
I tried on my laptop, but it wouldn't even recognize the iPhone. Kept giving me an error saying it was an unknown usb device

Last edited:

MrMacMack

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2012
I tried on my laptop, but it wouldn't even recognize the iPhone. Kept giving me an error saying it was an unknown usb device

Make sure the software on your laptop is up to date. Run Windows updates and also use latest version of iTunes as well. After everything's up to date be sure to restart the computer as well.

dmoney101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2013
Make sure the software on your laptop is up to date. Run Windows updates and also use latest version of iTunes as well. After everything's up to date be sure to restart the computer as well.

I know everything on my PC is up to date. The laptop is lacking the drivers, but they won't install since the iPhone won't actually boot except into recovery or dfu mode. do you know where i could download the proper drivers from the 3rd party? i'm not 100% sure what the right driver would be, since i've only ever had them install automatically

Smiljan1984

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2015
and I also had such a problem with iphone 5s. I've exchanged a host in Windows. I copied the old buddy host the usb and put the laptop on the host. the problem is solved. Problem is host 99%..I am from Croatian and English do not know the best.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.