Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hamiltonmac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2005
Originally received invalid B-tree node size message, disk utility could not fix. I could see both master and slave HD. Bought Data Rescue 2 (instead of Disk Warrior) and suddenly can't see HD, in Data Rescue or Disk Utility.

I was thinking about reformating slave HD with operating system, and then trying to retrieve HD data that way. Is this possible? If I can't see HD, what can I do? The HD is less than a year old, so I can send it back to the company, West. Dig., but loose precious data. Any suggestions.

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
Hmmmm.. idk. try this: maybe it made it where it doesn't show the disks on the desktop... go to the finder, press the finder menu, press preferences, and make sure Hard Disks has a check :)

Hamiltonmac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2005
I get the infamous flashing question mark at startup. I also hear a clicking noise coming from the tower - 10 clicks, pause, repeat a dozen or so times. I can see HD 2 (storage), but not HD (main). I've disconnected and reconnected. Still no HD in Disk Utility.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.