Can't send emails

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by steve18, Mar 10, 2006.

1. steve18 macrumors newbie

Hi,
    When trying to send an email with messenger the 'enter password' message appears, I fill in password and the 'enter username and password' message appears. I fill that in, hit enter and it continues to appear. I click cancel and 'error getting mail password' message appears. How do I send this email? I can receive emails.
    My username and password are correct! Worked fine for 3 years.

Thanks in advance for any help,
    Steve

G4 Quicksilver os 9.2 Netscape 4.7 NTL Broadband email account with free-online.net

2. captainbeefheat macrumors regular

sounds more like a problem with your provider maybe? I'd see what they say maybe. But first try sending email through a different server, see that works if it does it's more likely to be a problem with your email provider. Plus go into account settings and re enter the details there and see if that helps.

3. steve18 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply and advice captainbeefheat.
    It's now sorted, in netscape prefs I needed to insert the incoming mail server (free-online) and outgoing server (NTL broadband connnection). I had them both as free-online!
    captainbeefheart - great band - only saw ERIC DREW FELDMAN play once in a friends band (PJ Harvey).

Steve