Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steve18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2006
Hi,
When trying to send an email with messenger the 'enter password' message appears, I fill in password and the 'enter username and password' message appears. I fill that in, hit enter and it continues to appear. I click cancel and 'error getting mail password' message appears. How do I send this email? I can receive emails.
My username and password are correct! Worked fine for 3 years.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Steve

G4 Quicksilver os 9.2 Netscape 4.7 NTL Broadband email account with free-online.net

captainbeefheat

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2006
UK
sounds more like a problem with your provider maybe? I'd see what they say maybe. But first try sending email through a different server, see that works if it does it's more likely to be a problem with your email provider. Plus go into account settings and re enter the details there and see if that helps.

steve18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2006
Thanks for the reply and advice captainbeefheat.
It's now sorted, in netscape prefs I needed to insert the incoming mail server (free-online) and outgoing server (NTL broadband connnection). I had them both as free-online!
captainbeefheart - great band - only saw ERIC DREW FELDMAN play once in a friends band (PJ Harvey).

Steve

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.