Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

irock101

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 26, 2011
Hey,
I recently got a Macbook Air M2 and logged in with my apple ID as usual so all my stuff is in sync. I am using the same apple ID on my Macbook Pro and iPhone as well. When I open the default mail client I am unable to receive any emails to my @me @icloud email but receiving emails to those works just fine.

Sending emails works on my:
iPhone
iPad
Macbook Pro

but not on my Macbook Air.

I have checked the connection doctor, all seems fine and I really can't find the problem. I have plenty of iCloud storage left so that's also not the issue. Any idea what could be wrong and how I can fix this? It's an annoying problem.

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
When you compose a new email, in the headers section at the top, do you have a drop-down next to the "From:" field? If so, select your email address from the drop-down.

zevrix

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2012
Sending emails works on my:
iPhone
iPad
Macbook Pro

but not on my Macbook Air.

I remember that in their SMTP instructions for icloud.com Apple says, to put it in simple terms: it's a hit and miss ordeal, you can try but good luck with that; if it doesn't work just use SMTP server supplied by your internet provider.

irock101

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 26, 2011
I remember that in their SMTP instructions for icloud.com Apple says, to put it in simple terms: it's a hit and miss ordeal, you can try but good luck with that; if it doesn't work just use SMTP server supplied by your internet provider.

Sorry can you elaborate on that? The SMTP server supplied by my ISP?

zevrix

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2012
Sorry can you elaborate on that? The SMTP server supplied by my ISP?

Your internet provider normally supplies several (or at least one) email addresses via their own domain (and, of course, you can have other email addresses if you also have your own domain with them).

They also supply SMTP instructions for various email clients to use for those email addresses.

When you specify SMTP server for your icloud.com email in your email client, just use the SMTP information from any email address you have with your email provider.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.