Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Advil

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 4, 2008
Hey guys. Ever since yesterday, I can't update any apps. I can buy apps just fine but if I go to update it says "Cannot connect to iTunes store"

Since last night I've had to just delete the app and re-download it, but thats very irritating since it deletes any progress I had in a game or my saved searched or whatever in a regular app.

Any ideas why this happens? Could it be from Spirit? Is there a fix?

kesrjm.png

Hungybungy

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2010
Me too

Same exact issue and I am in the US. Hoping for a solution here so I don't have to return to the store to deal with a genius.

HelveticaNeue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
I am getting this too, it didn't start until last night. Since then 3 times it has blocked me from the US iTunes store and iBookstore. I have to log out, lock it and log back in and it works fine. I am in Canada.

Danmanca

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2010
Has anyone figured this out. I too am having the same problem updating apps. I have to uninstall and reinstall tovget them to update.

bbis603760

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2010
Effecting Apps bought with Old email login address?

It seems that when iturns forced me to change from my AOL login to a new one email login I was only able to update those apps purchased under that AOL email address directly from the iphone. itunes forgot all about that AOL email account I had been using as soon as I was forced to change to new email login.

Now it seems the itunes store has forgotten my old AOL email login when try to update these all apps purchased under the AOL email account.

I had about $50 worth of apps and I DO have the emailed receipts from back from 9/2007 to 4/2009 to prove it.

Has anyone talked to the Apple people about this?

dark5tatic

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2010
possible solution

I've had the same problem, and my fix was delete the app that you've purchased and re-download it fresh from with in the app store, and it'll tell u that u've have already purchased this item, and just download it again, i had to restore my iphone a few days ago, something went wrong with the jailbreak or something, so when i synced my phone again, i got all of my apps back, but i couldn't upgrade them, so when your prompt'd to upgrade a certain app just delete it and go re download it, and you should be fine.. hope this helps. Ps, you might get a pop up saying the app will be available when u log in on your computer, and it'll give u an option to retry or cancel just retry, only happened to me once out of the 30+ apps i had to update..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.