Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Willeth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 18, 2010
Maybe I should have done this before the rush of iOS 5, but when trying to update iTunes (through Apple Software Update on Windows 7) it halts part way through the process, sits there for a few hours, and then tells me it couldn't complete and to try through Tools > Download Only (which gives the same issue). It stops at 8.90 of 9.10MB.

I'm also not able to download the iTunes installer from itunes.com. It sits in my browser at 6.66/66.7MB in both Firefox and Chrome forever before finally aborting.

Has anyone had this issue or would know a way to fix it? I've tried updating every possible way I can think of and can't get anywhere. Can't wait until I can sort this and have the problems everyone else is having instead. :)

FIXED: After choosing the update from Tools > Download Only, it gave me an 'invalid signature' error, which was what I needed to get a useful Google going. I fixed this by going to Programs and Features in Control Panel, finding Apple Software Update, and hitting Repair. After that completed I was able to load up iTunes and update it with no issue.

Last edited:

J.Min

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2011
iTunes 10.5 problems

Maybe I should have done this before the rush of iOS 5, but when trying to update iTunes (through Apple Software Update on Windows 7) it halts part way through the process, sits there for a few hours, and then tells me it couldn't complete and to try through Tools > Download Only (which gives the same issue). It stops at 8.90 of 9.10MB.

I'm also not able to download the iTunes installer from itunes.com. It sits in my browser at 6.66/66.7MB in both Firefox and Chrome forever before finally aborting.

Has anyone had this issue or would know a way to fix it? I've tried updating every possible way I can think of and can't get anywhere. Can't wait until I can sort this and have the problems everyone else is having instead. :)

FIXED: After choosing the update from Tools > Download Only, it gave me an 'invalid signature' error, which was what I needed to get a useful Google going. I fixed this by going to Programs and Features in Control Panel, finding Apple Software Update, and hitting Repair. After that completed I was able to load up iTunes and update it with no issue.

Hi.. i got the same problem..it froze at 8.60MB.. and i tried to hit the repair buttons which you told to do so....and its still not working....help me pleasee!!

Willeth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 18, 2010
Hi.. i got the same problem..it froze at 8.60MB.. and i tried to hit the repair buttons which you told to do so....and its still not working....help me pleasee!!

All I can say is that this worked for me. Make sure you've closed iTunes and Apple Software Update and everything related to it in Task Manager before you start the repair.

jgaz

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2007
Colorado
you could also try turning off your firewall just while you download it. sometimes if a download takes to long the firewall cuts it off

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.