Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmcclain145

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 27, 2008
Atlanta, GA
ive got the profile on my phone and watch. Every time I try to update it tells me "the installation has been paused you must have 50% battery/be connected to a power source" I've tried to reboot both devices, tried putting both devices in airplane mode.

Any other suggestions? My watch freezes quite often also and requires a soft reset. I'm thinking of trying to restore my iPhone to a fresh beta 3 restore. Don't know if that'll help. Prefer that to be a last ditch effort.

Suckfest 9001

Suspended
May 31, 2015
Canada
Huh. I suppose..try an iOS restore?

I almost never OTA to these betas because they're unreliable that way. Best thing to do is DFU then install the beta IPSW.

jmcclain145

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 27, 2008
Atlanta, GA
But the watch OS has to go through the phone right? Essentially your just saying do a DFU on the phone then try the update on the watch?

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
But the watch OS has to go through the phone right? Essentially your just saying do a DFU on the phone then try the update on the watch?

I'm no expert, but if I were in your situation, I would first only wipe watch and set it up as new, before consider DFU wiping my phone.

jmcclain145

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 27, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Yeah that's exactly what I'm working on now. I really have no clue what's going on. Can't load beta 3 and still can't sign back into my Apple ID. Had to use that bypass work around to repair my watch...

Hope I don't have to send my watch into apple care to get it restored....

Yeah just finished downloading the watch OS and it says the same thing. This is frustrating. Lol

jmcclain145

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 27, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I'm about to try a dfu restore on my phone. Restore from iCloud and try a sync again. If that doesn't work it's clearly something messed up with the watch somehow.

jmcclain145

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 27, 2008
Atlanta, GA
"Same thing" meaning...? It can't install beta 3?
Is it at least working at beta 2?

Yes sorry, same thing as in same message "watch installation paused, make sure your watch is -close to your iPhone -at least 50%battery -plugged in to the charger"

It's been giving me that message since yesterday.

Yes beta 2 works ok, watch crashes a lot and restarts by itself. And my battery life is atrocious.

Idk maybe the dfu restore on the phone is a bad idea? All I'll waste is a little time. Lol

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
Idk maybe the dfu restore on the phone is a bad idea? All I'll waste is a little time. Lol

Again, I'm not an expert, but I would next DFU wiping my phone, and set up my phone AND my watch as new.

If watch is still NOT working, you have done everything you could and it needs to be back at Apple.

If watch is finally working, then you could try to reset phone and restore from (iCloud or iTunes) backup this time.

jmcclain145

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 27, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Again, I'm not an expert, but I would next DFU wiping my phone, and set up my phone AND my watch as new.

If watch is still NOT working, you have done everything you could and it needs to be back at Apple.

If watch is finally working, then you could try to reset phone and restore from (iCloud or iTunes) backup this time.

yeah I will try that first. will be quicker than waiting for my icloud backup to restore... Then again ultimately ill need to restore from backup anyway...

Thanks for the advice so far!

jmcclain145

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 27, 2008
Atlanta, GA

DFU restore worked. Something must have been glitched on my phone.

So in theory I should be able to unpair, erase all contents and settings on iPhone then restore from iCloud and repair.

Sheesh what a process. Lol. Hope this helps anyone else with this issue.

Thanks again for the advice!

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Yes sorry, same thing as in same message "watch installation paused, make sure your watch is -close to your iPhone -at least 50%battery -plugged in to the charger"

It's been giving me that message since yesterday.

Yes beta 2 works ok, watch crashes a lot and restarts by itself. And my battery life is atrocious.

You just confirmed my decision that I will keep my  Watch on 1.0.1 until they get Watch OS2 perfected better, no tolerance for crashing and restarting. My  Watch on 1.0.1 works fine with iPhone 6+ on iOS9 beta

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.