Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skp574

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 16, 2005
greenwich.london.uk
I have just set up my PB to connect to the office Exchange server to sync my emails and public folders.

For some reason I can't see the contents of any public folder. If I click to open a folder it sends me back to my personal exchange inbox. The public folders mainly contain emails for projects which have been put in a common location for everyone to see. We also have a public diary for office use, which I can't see.

Also I can't see any of my own Tasks. As for email is seems to sync correctly.

I have configured the account to connect via http (Exchange Web Access) rather than VPN to the network. If I VPN other apps can't get web access while the VPN connection is active. Which is the same as my old PC.

Is this a limitation of Entourage, or do some settings need tweaking?

It's a shame 'categories' in Entourage don't match up with 'Labels' in Outlook as we colour code our diary entries in the public diary.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

RoadKill

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2003
LONDON UK
Unfortunatley, Microsoft did not see fit to make Entourage a full MAPI client and so cannot do all the things outlook can.

I have access to a Citrix server and use the outlook installed on that to do Public Folder stuff.

If this option is not available to you, it might be best if you install Outlook2001 which is freely available from here

You will need OS9 support for it to work but you get all the features, pst support, out of office assitant etc.

Your VPN problem with web apps not working, ask your vpn administrator to enable "split tunnelling" and all should work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.