Car charger

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Aibolit66, May 2, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi, what is the best solution for charging IPAD 2 in the car. I have tried my sons Ipod's charger and the message on the Ipad saing "not charging". Also I am using Navigon and it drains battery REALLY FAST. I have also bought Car Inverter, but this thing has a build in fan that make so much noise so I had to return it. What are the options?

Thanks.

2. macrumors member

3. macrumors member

4. macrumors newbie

Got this, and two USB sync cables, (they are not included) as a gift.

http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-reVIV...NO4Q/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1304371527&sr=8-3

Probably a little more than I would have paid, but it has worked flawlessly since Christmas. Nice to be able to charge both iPad & iPhone at same time (or two iPhones).

My Daughter bought my iPad so I could get an iPad2. We have charged both on this unit as well. iPhone outlet (lower amperage) outlet will charge iPad if off, albeit slowly.

5. macrumors regular

I have the Belkin MicroCharge 2.1 Plus Charge Sync and I am very happy with it. It looks like the one Dangka mentioned seeing at Target except it doesn't have a wall charger. I've also seen this model at Walmart (here in Canada). The socket and cable are very well-built and I can confirm that it does charge the iPad :D.

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much for your replies.

7. macrumors demi-god

Where does your iPad2 sit while you're using Navigon?

Do you have your iPad sitting on the seat beside you or propped up in a briefcase or .... How do you have it mounted it so you can see the mapping? Do you find the speaker volume sufficient?

8. thread starter macrumors newbie

I have Subaru and using the BRILLIANT!!! option of this guy for DIY project. Audio is going through car speakers A+++++

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3kRdYG9IXo . There are planty of room to view it comfortably and the cost is $1 compare to other mounting options :)

9. macrumors regular

10. macrumors newbie

Check out the incase combo charger

I use the combocharger. It provides both AC as well as auto charging in one unit. I use it with both my iPad and iPod and it works and travels well. I use it at home as a separate charger in another room and take it with me as my only charger when I am traveling. It provides enough jiice to charge the iPad while the iPad is operating.