Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aibolit66

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2011
NH, USA
Hi, what is the best solution for charging IPAD 2 in the car. I have tried my sons Ipod's charger and the message on the Ipad saing "not charging". Also I am using Navigon and it drains battery REALLY FAST. I have also bought Car Inverter, but this thing has a build in fan that make so much noise so I had to return it. What are the options?

Thanks.

mike808ec

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2010
Got this, and two USB sync cables, (they are not included) as a gift.

http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-reVIV...NO4Q/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1304371527&sr=8-3

Probably a little more than I would have paid, but it has worked flawlessly since Christmas. Nice to be able to charge both iPad & iPhone at same time (or two iPhones).

My Daughter bought my iPad so I could get an iPad2. We have charged both on this unit as well. iPhone outlet (lower amperage) outlet will charge iPad if off, albeit slowly.

cbronfman

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2008
Washington DC
Where does your iPad2 sit while you're using Navigon?

Hi, what is the best solution for charging IPAD 2 in the car. I have tried my sons Ipod's charger and the message on the Ipad saing "not charging". Also I am using Navigon and it drains battery REALLY FAST. I have also bought Car Inverter, but this thing has a build in fan that make so much noise so I had to return it. What are the options?

Thanks.

Do you have your iPad sitting on the seat beside you or propped up in a briefcase or .... How do you have it mounted it so you can see the mapping? Do you find the speaker volume sufficient?

Aibolit66

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2011
NH, USA
Do you have your iPad sitting on the seat beside you or propped up in a briefcase or .... How do you have it mounted it so you can see the mapping? Do you find the speaker volume sufficient?

I have Subaru and using the BRILLIANT!!! option of this guy for DIY project. Audio is going through car speakers A+++++

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3kRdYG9IXo . There are planty of room to view it comfortably and the cost is $1 compare to other mounting options :)

Padeasel

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2011
Simi Valley, CA
Check out the incase combo charger

I use the combocharger. It provides both AC as well as auto charging in one unit. I use it with both my iPad and iPod and it works and travels well. I use it at home as a separate charger in another room and take it with me as my only charger when I am traveling. It provides enough jiice to charge the iPad while the iPad is operating.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.