Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Carlos Mencia or Joe Rogan?

• Carlos Mencia

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Joe Rogan

Votes: 24 66.7%
  • Don't know

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Carlos Mencia and Joe Rogan are funny. Carlos Mencia is wrong, and Joe Rogan is right. That puts Joe in the lead, and thats why he got my vote.

nospleen

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
My vote is for Joe. Not only is he funny, but he is a huge mixed martial arts fan... He is by far, the best UFC commentator.

Poseidon

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2007
Coralville, IA
Holy Stand-up Comedy batman, I didn't even know that Joe Rogan was a comic. Of course, that would explain would he was willing to do that skit on the Chappelle Show.

Poseidon

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2007
Coralville, IA
So here's the question - why exactly is Carlos/Ned being called a joke thief? I understand that Rogan doesn't like him because of all the crap that he talked, but who is Carlos/Ned stealing material from?

SpookTheHamster

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
London
So here's the question - why exactly is Carlos/Ned being called a joke thief? I understand that Rogan doesn't like him because of all the crap that he talked, but who is Carlos/Ned stealing material from?

It should be in the videos. There's a clip of a joke performed by the original author, followed by Carlos's (worse) rip-off of it. The original comedian supported Carlos once, which was where he apparently first saw the joke. Carlos tried to deny the comedian had ever supported him, and that he couldn't possibly have come up with the joke, because a Jewish guy wouldn't make a joke about Mexicans.

Poseidon

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2007
Coralville, IA
I'm not sure what to think here.

On one hand it seems obvious from the video that Carlos/Ned lifted at least one joke - the "Who will build the Superwall" schtick. Watching the way these other guys go after him, that's apparently a bad thing.

On the other hand, I watched the episode from "Mind of Mencia" in which Carlos did the joke and he spun off this whole other set of jokes from it. Good bit too and seemingly all original except for the first joke.

So is the lesson here that you can't use anyone else's material or you have to ask for permission or if you use it don't let anyone catch you?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.