Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
This is an utter farce. Before and after tests using a dock so the phone didn't move even a cm. Same test server. You all can believe what you want, but there's no logic to the carrier file giving you bars where bars don't exist, not "boosting" the amount of signal received. I laugh at the comments "it increased the signal" ... apparently the hack has a way to tap into ATT's transmission tower and crank up the power. LOL

I guess it's like arguing with someone who says the bible is real and god exists. There's no amount of logic you can throw that'll disprove them if they believe.

Maybe in some markets the carrier file is limiting speeds, but certainly not here in the SF Bay area. This carrier hack does absolutely NOTHING here except modify the ability to change the voice\data to 2G 4G LTE, etc.

didnt work for you i see, not everyone sees difference. but go ahead, throw some logic at us.

i for one saw a change in my stuff and no expense to the everyday use of my iphone, so why not i thought. then i just shared with others.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
didnt work for you i see, not everyone sees difference. but go ahead, throw some logic at us.

i for one saw a change in my stuff and no expense to the everyday use of my iphone, so why not i thought. then i just shared with others.

Wrap the back of your phone in aluminum foil. It works for me. No expense for you. Why not?

lavrishevo

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2007
NJ
As I reported earlier, this patch works great for me. I stay on LTE during phone calls and I get 1-2 more bars in my office. Plus the call connects extremely fast. I can often hear the phone ringing before the phone even pulls up the normal on the call screen. This biggest benefit is staying on LTE during a call. I was dropping calls pretty often when switching to 4g in my house. Now, not a single dropped call.

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
Do I need to jailbreak to install the hack?

Yes it requires a download within Cydia.

Overall yes I would say it worked for me. I can't complain, its a free tweak and did not change my iphone experience at all. I thank the developer as it did help an issue I had.

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
Mine now tells me what carrier I'm on in the settings. Sometimes I get 3-5 bars in my dorm instead of 2.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418177162.787434.jpg

ANTAWNM26

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009
Here's windows instructions.

C:\Users\busa2009>C:/Program Files (x86)/iTunes then type iTunes.exe/setPrefInt
carrier-testing 1
'C:/Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\busa2009>

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2008
California
C:\Users\busa2009>C:/Program Files (x86)/iTunes then type iTunes.exe/setPrefInt
carrier-testing 1
'C:/Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\busa2009>

You have to do it this way.

It's not one command. :rolleyes:
Go to the command prompt in Windows and enter "cd C:/Program Files (x86)/iTunes" hit enter and it'll change that to the main directory.
Then copy and paste or manually put "iTunes.exe/setPrefInt carrier-testing 1" and hit enter. That simple.

dailo

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2006
After applying this patch I couldn't activate LTE. Had to go 3G for things to work. How can I revert to my original file? I have a Verizon 6.

Syndicate0017

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2013
Carrier hack patch, get better service/bars from your carrier.

After applying this patch I couldn't activate LTE. Had to go 3G for things to work. How can I revert to my original file? I have a Verizon 6.

LTE is turned off after you first apply the patch. You have to go into your cellular settings an re-enable it. There's revert instructions on the iTweakiOs site.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.