Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beerglass007

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 13, 2008
Hi all

Can you dock the ipad into any dock when you have the apple case fitted.
I heard the apple ipad dock doesnt fit correctly when the case is fitted.

What about other cheap third party docks, mainly sold on ebay. Do these work with the case fitted. I can't be doing with removing the apple case everytime I dock the ipad

Many thanks

geekygranny

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2010
Norfolk, UK
Ipad Docking

The docking with the case on is a problem of which MAC are well aware. I have the docking station with the keyboard and cannot use it with the case on.
If you want to buy another case to overcome the problem there is the Candyshell case available which has a flip out piece at the back
http://www.speckproducts.com/products/candyshell/ipad/235

I have decided to use a bluetooth keyboard so I do not have to remove the case. This is the only problem I have found in connection with my iPad. I think it is a great piece of kit.

hullabaloobard

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2010
I believe apple produced the ipad+dock without cases in mind. I believe most of the cases out there have this kind of problem.

It is always best if you inquire the case seller first or sometimes they will clearly said it the description area that it will work well with dock. I think I saw once in Amazon.

The best option is to use bluetooth accessories such as for headsets, speakers and keyboards

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.