Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

W8tin4iphone4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
So got myself an iPad 3G 16GB and all of a sudden lost interest in the iPhone 4; quite weird since the iPhone 4 is the newest thing and I am not having reception issues too.

Anyway, since I'll be taking my iPad with me when traveling I began to look for cases and came away with 2 options:

1) Buy a generic case from a 3rd party off eBay, seller is based in California so the wait time shouldn't be too long after I looked at their feedback. Cost is $12.

2) 2nd option background: I have access to a gift card worth over $50 at this specific shopping center that has a Best Buy in it, but it is NOT an actual Best Buy gift card although I think they will be valid at BB. Now this shopping center is not located even close to where I live but I'll be making a planned trip there this weekend.

So immediately I thought of buying an Apple iPad case from BB for $39 plus tax using the GC; however they were of course out of stock. I then checked my local BB inventory and sure enough, a store very close to me has them in stock. FML.

I would obviously prefer a "free" Apple case over a 3rd party case that is $12 but AFAIK, I can't use a shopping center gift card to exchange for an actual BB gift card because they said all BB GCs will have to be purchased. What can I do and does anybody know when these authentic Apple cases will be in stock again in most BBs?

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Is this like a Visa gift card? I would get a good quality case at BestBuy or where ever you can buy it. You could also order one on Amazon, apply for an Amazon Prime trial and get free 2 day shipping or pay $3.99 for 1 day shipping..

W8tin4iphone4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Is this like a Visa gift card? I would get a good quality case at BestBuy or where ever you can buy it. You could also order one on Amazon, apply for an Amazon Prime trial and get free 2 day shipping or pay $3.99 for 1 day shipping..

No it's not a Visa gift card, it is a GC good only for this particular shopping plaza/outdoor mall type place. The mall features Target, Saks and BB among other shops and they all accept gift cards sold by the mall themselves.

Anybody knows if I can buy an item at one BB and then return at another BB for store credit (unopened and with receipt of course)? I really like Apple's case but not sure if I'm willing to spend my own $40 on it.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
No it's not a Visa gift card, it is a GC good only for this particular shopping plaza/outdoor mall type place. The mall features Target, Saks and BB among other shops and they all accept gift cards sold by the mall themselves.

Anybody knows if I can buy an item at one BB and then return at another BB for store credit (unopened and with receipt of course)? I really like Apple's case but not sure if I'm willing to spend my own $40 on it.

Oh then yes you can. I'm sure they will refund at a different BB someway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.