Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yOyOYoo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2005
CA
Now I wish I ordered blue instead of grey.

Or I wish the case came in silver!

It would be nice if this came in a delrin like the atomic hybrid case and did not affect reception / GPS....

I should be getting my case this afternoon according to USPS tracking, can't wait!

pmac70

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2010
I have the grey one and had trouble with the on/off button. It is very snug and sticks. Is yours the same way. I am thinking about sending back and getting a POP case instead. Other than that I like the case.

Please let me now. Thanks

reebs

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 18, 2004
I have the grey one and had trouble with the on/off button. It is very snug and sticks. Is yours the same way. I am thinking about sending back and getting a POP case instead. Other than that I like the case.

Please let me now. Thanks

No sticking here

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Just got mine in today and I'm not digging it too much. Would've been nice for Casemate to tell you that this case might scratch up your phone when putting it on. Tried really hard not to have the case rub up against the phone when installing but it seems almost impossible to do.

Signal wise, I noticed a drop off immediately after putting the case on. I was at 4 bars but dropped to 3-2 bars once the case was on. Not a huge concern for me but I know some people around here need to know that.

Also, I ordered the gray one and it came out looking a greenish color. This happen to anyone else or did they actually get a gray one?

str8spd2001

macrumors regular
May 12, 2009
Los Angeles
Yeah I just received mine also and noticed that it has a slightly greenish tint to it too. I actually don't really mind it though. I also noticed 1 bar loss but I'm still testing it out. Will try GPS tonite to see if it has any effect.

Just got mine in today and I'm not digging it too much. Would've been nice for Casemate to tell you that this case might scratch up your phone when putting it on. Tried really hard not to have the case rub up against the phone when installing but it seems almost impossible to do.

Signal wise, I noticed a drop off immediately after putting the case on. I was at 4 bars but dropped to 3-2 bars once the case was on. Not a huge concern for me but I know some people around here need to know that.

Also, I ordered the gray one and it came out looking a greenish color. This happen to anyone else or did they actually get a gray one?

i3igsmooth5769

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2007
Los Angeles, CA

Not very comforting....not sure i'll order one now.

waltercln

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2010
seems like i got a messed up one as well. it seems the only way to get the top back part on is if i force it enough. Once the case is snapped on, the power button is useless and says power off without me even touching it. Power button is stuck and doesn't work. Highly disappointed about this, and i don't even want a replacement, rather a refund would be better.

BTW i did it exactly how the manual states the correct way to do it, and well that doesn't work.

enemi

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2010
England
Had high hopes for this case.. ;( Looked awesome.
Seems like everyone is suffering from some issues though..

pmac70

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2010
seems like i got a messed up one as well. it seems the only way to get the top back part on is if i force it enough. Once the case is snapped on, the power button is useless and says power off without me even touching it. Power button is stuck and doesn't work. Highly disappointed about this, and i don't even want a replacement, rather a refund would be better.

BTW i did it exactly how the manual states the correct way to do it, and well that doesn't work.

Same thing happened to me as well. Perfectly aligned, but the power button was stuck in the pushed position. Sending mine back in. Probably for a POP case. I have a black/grey one. Pretty good case. If the power button worked, this case would be good.

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2010
Same thing happened to me as well. Perfectly aligned, but the power button was stuck in the pushed position. Sending mine back in. Probably for a POP case. I have a black/grey one. Pretty good case. If the power button worked, this case would be good.

Agreed, happened to me as well.. Sometimes it takes quite a few tries and a lot of patience, as far as I'm concerned this case is a huge PIA to install. But I kinda like it, and have gotten quite a few compliments. Although I do feel like I lose 1-2 bar of service as well after using it a while, disappointing.

damant

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2010
That's too bad about the signal issue... I was wishfull thinking that it wouldn't.
I just don't want to doubt myself when I have no cell coverage; in thinking that taking off the case would help ;-)...

peteisanidiot

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
I installed a grey and a red today without issue - and the grey had a lucky wrap. I'll post pix in a bit but installation was cake. Be sure you slide the back piece down as if you are replacing the back glass. Couldn't be easier.

Will post pix too but I lost 1 db of signal compared to my Atomic Composite (which actually boosted my signal by 1 to 2 db). 1 db is nothing at all to lose. GPS is unaffected. This case fits my car mount whereas the Atomic did not.

Overall a keeper. Red looks great. Grey is too dark - I wanted more of a raw aluminum color but oh well.

reebs

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 18, 2004
I installed a grey and a red today without issue - and the grey had a lucky wrap. I'll post pix in a bit but installation was cake. Be sure you slide the back piece down as if you are replacing the back glass. Couldn't be easier.

Will post pix too but I lost 1 db of signal compared to my Atomic Composite (which actually boosted my signal by 1 to 2 db). 1 db is nothing at all to lose. GPS is unaffected. This case fits my car mount whereas the Atomic did not.

Overall a keeper. Red looks great. Grey is too dark - I wanted more of a raw aluminum color but oh well.

Pics please, thinking of ordering a red one too!

Last edited:

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2010
Alright I think I figured out the sleep wake button sticking issue, I've done some testing and this is what I think is the problem. I have had this case for almost 2 days. The first day I was using the silver on silver color, no issues with the volume buttons sticking what so ever and no other issues, without the phone inside the case, the case lines up perfectly and is flush. I got bored of the silver on silver and switched it to the silver on blue, immediately I loved the color but also noticed some issues with installing. It was a lot harder to install and took many chances to have the volume buttons not sticking after the case was sealed, on top of that, by the headphone jack area I noticed it didn't line up as a few of you have mentioned from my pics. So I noticed the sleep wake button worked after sealing case, then I tried moving it around inside the case, trying to push the phone lightly through the front and back of the case and noticed the sleep button immediately froze and was unable to be pushed anymore. So I then tried the left over combo, the blue on gray and came up with the same issues mentioned above. Then I thought about it and after switching numberous times. I tried putting the blue on the blue and noticed the same issue.... I'm thinking.. well... let me try with the gray on gray again and I had no issues, perfectly aligned, trying to slightly push the phone while sealed in the case gave no issues with the sleep wake button, stayed working the whole time. So I thought about it, it can't be the GREY case! Its the BLUE!

So come to conclusion, I thought about it and said it can't be the color mix-matching because the blue case doesn't even line up with its own color, so how will it line up with a diff color? Its the same case, only a different color.

So what this means to you all is that if your having sleep wake button problems while installing the case, take the phone out and just put the 2 frames together WITHOUT the phone in it and see if they are flush and line up perfectly and snap in perfectly. If they do, without any issues, then try it again with the phone, and it should work, if not the first time, try a few times.

And what that means for everyone else that their frames don't line up perfectly, its defective because one or both of the frames are bent, in that case, order a replacement. In my case, both of my blue frames are bent, so I'm going to order a replacement.

Reception: I feel like I have better signal in the WORKING one, I guess since the other case is defective, when I was using grey/blue combo, somehow the foam inserts could be unaligned when using any of my blue frames and possibly be touching the band.

Hope all this makes sense! Let me know all of your findings on this. Thanks.

Pics pleas, thinking of ordering a red one too!

+1

Last edited:

peteisanidiot

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Pix

photo1zx.jpg
photo2ox.jpg

photo1na.jpg
photo2lu.jpg

photo3ab.jpg
photo4xp.jpg

^^Nevermind the asymmetrical screws - the lucky wrap was slightly in the way. I straightened it and everything went back in as it should.

Test results - same position and close in time:

photo4hp.jpg
photo5m.jpg

Casemate needs to make a white or aluminum color ASAP. Functions flawlessly with my ProClip car mount.

Looks nice with white lucky and white glass back. :)

reebs

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 18, 2004
Pix

photo1zx.jpg
photo2ox.jpg

photo1na.jpg
photo2lu.jpg

photo3ab.jpg
photo4xp.jpg

^^Nevermind the asymmetrical screws - the lucky wrap was slightly in the way. I straightened it and everything went back in as it should.

Test results - same position and close in time:

photo4hp.jpg
photo5m.jpg

Casemate needs to make a white or aluminum color ASAP. Functions flawlessly with my ProClip car mount.

Looks nice with white lucky and white glass back. :)

OMG the red looks amazing but can you please describe your test results? I don't really know what they mean.

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2010
Wow the red does look very nice. Thanks for the pics. Hopefully they come out with a white and black soon!

yOyOYoo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2005
CA
Case was easy to install. The fit and finish is awesome. Super high quality.

I am not really feeling the greenish color tinge to the grey case.

Would rather have this case in Silver or white sounds awesome.

I'll give it some time maybe request an exchange. The blue does it very sexy.

Anyone's phone have a rattle? I think it's one of the buttons, not sure. All buttons work perfectly.

Last edited:

peteisanidiot

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Case was easy to install. The fit and finish is awesome. Super high quality.

I am not really feeling the greenish color tinge to the grey case.

Would rather have this case in Silver or white sounds awesome.

I'll give it some time maybe request an exchange. The blue does it very sexy.

Anyone's phone have a rattle? I think it's one of the buttons, not sure. All buttons work perfectly.
No green but yes if I shake vigorously I hear a faint rattle. It's the mute switch I think.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.