Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pommephone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 27, 2012
I'm looking for a case for my iPad Pro 12.9 (6th gen) that will stay attached when opened. The one I have from Amazon flops around and that's extremely annoying. Any recommendations will be welcomed!

Davidalan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
I am using the Leather Folio Plus, magnetic close and attaches magnetically to the case. Also has a pencil holder via a magnetic strap which holds the pencil securely and the case closed.
Nomad Folio Plus

pommephone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 27, 2012
I am using the Leather Folio Plus, magnetic close and attaches magnetically to the case. Also has a pencil holder via a magnetic strap which holds the pencil securely and the case closed.
Nomad Folio Plus
Thanks! I'm looking for something less expensive, and don't really want leather.

Davidalan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
I have also used this one in the past but I needed I needed a case that was easier to remove and put on. So I went with the leather nomad case. The Tineeowl case has a pencil holder and impact protection on the sides. The iPad snaps in and will not become loose, stays put. It’s also less at $49.98 from Amazon and it’s not leather.

Tineeowl case

pommephone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 27, 2012
I'm looking for a case that will allow the front cover to swing around and stay attached to the back when opened.

Davidalan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
Then I think this is a possibility for you. Notice the large base with indents to hold it as well as its magnetic. Also when lifted the base will not fall of from the stand posisition. Also note that the base is the entire front cover for stability.

IMG_0359.jpeg
IMG_0360.jpeg
IMG_0361.jpeg

Davidalan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
IMG_0364.jpeg
Back cover attaches to the back of the iPad magnetically as well. Sorry for the poor photos.

Mike330R

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2010
I use a PITAKA case on an 11" Pro with a magic keyboard. It stays in place when the keyboard is open and easily pops out to place on the charger. No more plugging it in to charge.

pommephone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 27, 2012
SOLVED: I got an Apple Smart Folio on eBay for $40. The front cover sticks magnetically to the back when folded around.
ebay-apple-folio.jpeg

Reactions: lostPod
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.