Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
I think she charged me $25 or $30 USD shipped in the U.S. I was pretty pleased with the price and am still pleased with my sleeve. It definitely draws attention whenever I use it. :)

Now that the Furry Monster is back in stock, I might have considered doing that instead of the Fleece. I think that would be pretty cool, too. Report back if you decide to go with one of them and definitely provide some pics. I'd love to see what you went with.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Now that the Furry Monster is back in stock, I might have considered doing that instead of the Fleece.

That one is really fun. :)

Oh, by the way, here is my Borsa Bella case. I really like it.

photo-25.jpg

photo2-10.jpg

MultiM

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2006
TO. I've moved!
That is also very nice and looks great with the skin you have chosen. I guess a leather cover isn't really necessary if I go with a skin. I just hate the the whiteness of the Kindle. Skins never even occured to me until today. Apparently, I'm not too bright...:rolleyes:

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
That is also very nice and looks great with the skin you have chosen. I guess a leather cover isn't really necessary if I go with a skin. I just hate the the whiteness of the Kindle. Skins never even occured to me until today. Apparently, I'm not too bright...:rolleyes:

Thanks. :)

I go back and forth... I used to use those iSkin kind of covers for my original iPod (3rd gen, white plastic) back in the day. Then since then my iPods and my iPhone have all been caseless. I used to use keyboard covers too but then I got sick of those.

With the Kindle, I hated the idea that it would get shined up like computer keyboards do. I actually really like the decalgirl skin on it, although I probably would not buy one for my iPhone or anything else.

I'm curious to hear responses to your question RE: the DX. I honestly have not even seen a DX in person yet. Actually it's funny, I don't see Kindles all that often, considering how many have been sold (and I certainly still get lots of people asking about it when I have it on an airplane or s/t). I bought before it came out (and sadly before the "world" GSM Kindle came out) but I probably would not have gotten a DX purely because it's so big. For things like reading one handed on a bus or train (which was a lot of how I used it before I left Chicago), I would think it would simply be too big and unwieldy, although it would be nicer when I'm sitting down to read.

JBazz

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2006
I have the M-Edge Prodigy jacket. I am not really all the pleased with the ergonomics of the thing. It has a strap across the middle to hold it shut. Problem is, the tongue is right where my "home" and "next page" buttons are. It is really in the way. It is also a lot bulkier than I would like. Here are a couple pics. (skin is a custom Gelaskin, painting by Klimt)

4082904621_cbe1c20839.jpg

4083562220_c9c2f13f4a.jpg

4082808003_390b784124.jpg

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
I just got a Kindle2 from CL and now am looking for a cover/bag/protection of some sort. I first looked at the Amazon case with the clips but read many places that these types of cases can crack the Kindle2 case and cause some pretty severe damage. My favorites so far have been the Oberon cases (they are stunning but I don't really want to spend $75 on a case) and the Waterfield sleeve (small). I can't decide between a book cover and a sleeve though. I also found the Sienna Leather Elite Kindle Case by BoxWave (only $15) but wonder about it's quality for such a low price. Any other suggestions?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.