Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmelrose

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2004
Orlando, FL
I purchased a Spire Endo for my 15" Powerbook, and after many years on the road (and still being in great shape), I'm moving to the 17" Endo for my shipping "soon" MCP 17". Having recieved the bag weeks ago, I can tell you the bag is great, well made, and very flexible. The sleeve for the 'Book is removeable and integrates very well into the bag.

Trying to explain it is near-impossible, but it is very slick. Overall, it's a great courier-style bag, and not even having used it I can tell you I'm certain I'll love it. Highly recommended.

http://www.spireusa.com

Zadillo

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2005
Baltimore, MD
I am looking for a sleeve that is hard. I have seen a case for my friends Vaio. It is a very hard case...you just slip in the laptop and the velcro lid closes. Really nice, simple and protective.

I am looking for one to just throw in my back and protect my laptop from the pressure of all those books.

Thanks!

I'll recommend again the Tom Bihn Brain Cell (Horizontal or Vertical). Incredibly hard protection, and very well made.

eskalation.dk

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2006
Im looking for a bag for my 17" mbp c2d (hasnt arrived tho), im currently looking at either the
Brenthaven Pro,
a crumpler (dunno which one) or a
knomo frinton
TJ010_screen1.jpg

TJ010_screen2.jpg

I really like the knomo, its just really expensive... anyone own one of these?

soho

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2006
Vienna, Austria
Im looking for a bag for my 17" mbp c2d (hasnt arrived tho), im currently looking at either the
Brenthaven Pro,
a crumpler (dunno which one) or a
knomo frinton

I really like the knomo, its just really expensive... anyone own one of these?
The knomo bags really look awesome, and I'm still trying to justify the € 300,- I have to spend to get one of these babies :rolleyes: . My favorite would be the one named "Lyndon".

TaylorB

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2006
The other day I purchased a Brenthaven Metro for my 15.4" MacBook Pro. I knew that it was a case and not a sleeve, but I did not know how hard it would be. When I got to the store and felt it, I was amazed! The hardness of the bag was truly amazing. I feel EXTREMELY secure putting my portable in that bag. I've also tried to see how much I could cram in all of the pockets. There is a lot of room for files on the side without the center pocket, but where the center pocket is there is really two storage spaces. I fit my mighty mouse, power brick and my Maxtor external harddrive. I highly recommend this bag and I feel safe using it. :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11952936@N00/302322480/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/11952936@N00/302322479/

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
I use Incase's Neopreen sleeve. i started using it with my PB and since it fit my MBP, i just continued. Its slim and sleek and cushioned. The main reason i bought it however was that i wanted something that protected my machine but still fit in my backpack.

This it does well and highly recommend it.

UmaThurman

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2006
Georgia
Just got my new Tom Bihn vertical brain cell. WOW i freakin love it!!! It's more than enough for what i need, i just need a durable case to throw in my bookbag along with otehr school books. it protects on sides, bottom, and top. the side padding is amazing.

tejota1911

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2006
I have a Samsonite LP450 and a Wenger SwissGear Notebook Backpack. Both are nice. The Samsonite features memory foam to hold and protect the computer, and is fairly sleek. The SwissGear Backpack is nice when I need to take more things along.

Zadillo

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2005
Baltimore, MD
Just got my new Tom Bihn vertical brain cell. WOW i freakin love it!!! It's more than enough for what i need, i just need a durable case to throw in my bookbag along with otehr school books. it protects on sides, bottom, and top. the side padding is amazing.

Awesome, glad to hear you like it, and I completely agree with you. It's fantastic.

rafatmit

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2006
Washington DC
I just got my WaterField Cargo Mambo Cambo with leather flap today. It isn't cheap, but it is gorgeous and you don't have to look long to see the attention to detail. Fantastic bag and nothing ordinary. They've sent me no less than 3 personal emails since I ordered it. If you've got the budget, take a hard look.
The sleeve is excellent too...
large_alpine-md.jpg

I'm considering ordering a WaterField Cargo bag, but I'm concerned about the leather flap being too delicate and easy to muck up. Stealthman1 (or anyone else with one), what's your experience with the leather? Does it hold up? I would think it might look out of place contrasted with the nylon fabric the rest of the bag is made out of....

mfInc

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2006
Toronto / Hamilton, ON (CAN)
I spied them being sold here: http://www.semsons.com/haslforbydef.html

If you do get one, please post with pics and your comments :)
I don't believe so. I checked that website earlier and when I contacted them they tried to hassle me into buying that one. I know the MBP will fit since the old PowerBooks were actually bigger, but I want a really snug fit. they changed the item description just to make more sales.

(H x W x D) 1 x 14.1 x 9.6 inches - OF A MACBOOK PRO 15 INCH
(H x W x D) 1.5 x 13.98 x 9.13 inches - of the case offered by semsons

I was wondering does the .5 height make a difference? Since I will be sticking this pack in my backpack I don't want to risk anything.

Thanks.

EDIT:

IT SEEMS THE MBP IS BIGGER THAN THE OLD POWERBOOKS.

Liza

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2006
New York City
I recently bought a black Manhattan Portage computer bag for my MacBook. I love it! The computer sleeve is well-padded, and is in the center of the bag, so the Macbook fits snugly, yet lifts out easily. I live in NYC, and this messenger-style bag doesn't give away the fact that you're schlepping around a laptop. Lots of pockets, etc., too. A simple design, but very cool and practical.

http://www.manhattanportage.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=150

mfInc

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2006
Toronto / Hamilton, ON (CAN)
I don't believe so. I checked that website earlier and when I contacted them they tried to hassle me into buying that one. I know the MBP will fit since the old PowerBooks were actually bigger, but I want a really snug fit. they changed the item description just to make more sales.

(H x W x D) 1 x 14.1 x 9.6 inches - OF A MACBOOK PRO 15 INCH
(H x W x D) 1.5 x 13.98 x 9.13 inches - of the case offered by semsons

I was wondering does the .5 height make a difference? Since I will be sticking this pack in my backpack I don't want to risk anything.

Thanks.

EDIT:

IT SEEMS THE MBP IS BIGGER THAN THE OLD POWERBOOKS.

It seems they changed it back to Powerbook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.