Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
How much will do you lose on resale price of an iphone4 with scratches / dings compared with selling a mint one after having owned cases and skins?

So far, I have two cases and am on my third skin set. (partly about choosing the right skin set for me) That all ran me around $130.00. That's a good portion of what the phone itself cost.

The only thing in favor of protection, as I see it, is in the event of a smashed glass front or back, but what does that cost to replace?

RetiredInFl

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
How much will do you lose on resale price of an iphone4 with scratches / dings compared with selling a mint one after having owned cases and skins?

So far, I have two cases and am on my third skin set. (partly about choosing the right skin set for me) That all ran me around $130.00. That's a good portion of what the phone itself cost.

The only thing in favor of protection, as I see it, is in the event of a smashed glass front or back, but what does that cost to replace?
If you spent $130 ONLY to increase resale that is downright ridiculous. You could do t hat for less than $10 on eBay. If you get $20-40 of that back you'd be lucky. My old 3GS sold for $700 back around May. It was JB's and unlocked and excellent. The "ulocked" is what gets the most $$$ because most people think it is so difficult to do. A couple scratches don't matter except to the most anal retentive buyers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.