Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apachie2k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 23, 2006
was NYC...now MIAMI
i have a CD mbp matte, my buddy just got a new C2D mbp matte...
mine in comparison looks worse, scrreeen wise... is it cause his is just better or mine is really dirty.

so if it is dirty, which it prob. is regardless of if my buddies is better, what is the best way to go about cleaning the screen?? the best product???

cheers

mklos

macrumors 68000
Dec 4, 2002
My house!
I think we'd have to see in order to tell whether or not its just a dirty screen. As far as cleaning the screen goes, I use simple water and a paper towel. I've heard mixed reviews about a product called kleen screen which is supposed to clean your screen without damaging it. Don't use harsh chemicals like Fantastic, or something like that as it can damage your screen in the long run.

matticus008

macrumors 68040
Jan 16, 2005
Bay Area, CA
I wouldn't use a paper towel if it were me--the paper dust will collect around the edge of the frame and be very difficult to remove. I'd use a lint-free eyeglass wipe or an alcohol-free wipe (or iKlear). Lots of people love to praise microfiber, but they don't care for it properly and it eventually becomes abrasive as a result.

If you do get dust or lint trapped along the edge of the bezel, a fine painter's brush (never used for paint, of course) is helpful to keep on hand.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.