Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zeldain

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2011
Maybe if you stopped thinking about it as a smart watch and thought of it as a wrist worn computing device your thinking might not be so constrained.

I am a diabetic and an avid fitness buff. If this device contains bio-metric sensors, I would be more than happy to put it on my wrist, though I haven't worn a watch in years.

I have little need for time to be displayed on my wrist, but I don't know how many times my phone has vibrated while in my pocket and I didn't feel it.

To be able to quickly glance at my wrist to see a text is much more stealthy than pulling my phone out of my pocket and opening it up.

And maybe it never happens to you, but even though I have blue tooth in my car radio, when a phone call comes in while I'm driving, I have to go through this horrible contortion to get my phone out of my pocket.

And I'm sure there are many more applications. I am amazed that people are able to predict the uselessness of a device that hasn't even been announced yet, let alone demonstrated.

And give developers a chance, and they will come up with all kinds of wild and cool things just like has happened with the iPhone.

We already have a computer on our person… our iPhone. Need another?

Sure, a biometirc device would be nice, but again - niche category.

laurim

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2003
Minnesota USA
We already have a computer on our person… our iPhone. Need another?

Sure, a biometirc device would be nice, but again - niche category.

They gave several valid reasons why an iPhone isn't ideal in many situations, if you had really read the post you felt the need to reply to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.