Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
Btw, 1080p , you never answered me when I asked you about which carrierlogo you are primarily using as of right now. I'd really like to know. Curious I guess.

BTW, Adutrumque, did you try that transparent iOS 6 logo you requested from me? I'd really like to see a screen shot... since I didn't test it. Curious I guess.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
BTW, Adutrumque, did you try that transparent iOS 6 logo you requested from me? I'd really like to see a screen shot... since I didn't test it. Curious I guess.

Right now I'm feeling unwell. I'm supposed to sleep but I have been staying awake all night . Too much to drink, but yea I might check it out tomorrow . Why can't you try yourself if your curiosity kills you ?:)

el-John-o

macrumors 68000
Nov 29, 2010
Missouri
Christ for my Christian brothaz out there!

I would love to see you do this;

methodist_logo.gif

If you get a chance! I think it's awesome how you're doing all of these logos for folks. Some of the comments puzzle me, you're donating your time why on earth are people complaining?

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
Right now I'm feeling unwell. I'm supposed to sleep but I have been staying awake all night . Too much to drink, but yea I might check it out tomorrow . Why can't you try yourself if your curiosity kills you ?:)

Because I did the newsstand glitch to put apps in my newsstand app. If I test the logo, I'll have to reboot my phone when I put my current logo back in... and all the apps will come out of newsstand... and have to do the glitch all over again. I know some will say, I don't have to reboot, but I found that when i update to a new logo, some page will be missing logo... even if I turn airplane mode on and off. To fix, I have to reboot my device. It's not hard to do the newsstand glitch again... but prefer not to over use my home button to do a glitch if I don't have to.

EDIT... forget I asked... you don't have to test it.

Last edited:

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden

If you get a chance! I think it's awesome how you're doing all of these logos for folks. Some of the comments puzzle me, you're donating your time why on earth are people complaining?
If you take your time and read them you might end up understanding them as well.

----------

Because I did the newsstand glitch to put apps in my newsstand app. If I test the logo, I'll have to reboot my phone when I put my current logo back in... and all the apps will come out of newsstand... and have to do the glitch all over again. I know some will say, I don't have to reboot, but I found that when i update to a new logo, some page will be missing logo... even if I turn airplane mode on and off. To fix, I have to reboot my device. It's not hard to do the newsstand glitch again... but prefer not to over use my home button to do a glitch if I don't have to.

EDIT... forget I asked... you don't have to test it.
I'll try it.

el-John-o

macrumors 68000
Nov 29, 2010
Missouri
If you take your time and read them you might end up understanding them aswell.

I've read the entire thread. I understand why some people are unhappy, but in the end, it's a guy doing free work to coincide with a free app, all people donating their time, for free, for the rest of us. Maybe I'm just different, but like my mom used to say when I was little, "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit!"

I appreciate the stuff 1080p and others are doing, it's out of their own free time, so I'm not going to complain.

I've attempted to do it myself, following his instructions, but my results aren't very good. So whatever 1080p gives me, should he decide to do it, will be much better than anything I could come up with!

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
I've read the entire thread. I understand why some people are unhappy, but in the end, it's a guy doing free work to coincide with a free app, all people donating their time, for free, for the rest of us. Maybe I'm just different, but like my mom used to say when I was little, "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit!"

I appreciate the stuff 1080p and others are doing, it's out of their own free time, so I'm not going to complain.

I've attempted to do it myself, following his instructions, but my results aren't very good. So whatever 1080p gives me, should he decide to do it, will be much better than anything I could come up with!

What part of my texts tells you I disagree with what you just wrote?

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
Here is a mini tutorial for making Carrier Logos

[SNIP]

And there you go!

Thank you so much for this mini tutorial! It's nice to have everything explained clearly with pictures to match (the part showing the etching/shadowing technique was especially helpful as I couldn't figure that out). Now I can go about making endless carrier icons. :D

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego

Give this a try...

methodist.png
methodistETCHED.png

I made the cross white so it would show better against a darker status bar. If I kept it black... you might not be able to see it.

el-John-o

macrumors 68000
Nov 29, 2010
Missouri
Give this a try...

Image Image

I made the cross white so it would show better against a darker status bar. If I kept it black... you might not be able to see it.

Thanks!

I did something similar, (made it white) but just wasn't able to get the etching down very well. Of course I was trying to transcribe 1080p's instructions into Photoshop, maybe I just need to dowload the GiMP! I've used it and loved it on Linux machines before!

Edit: Turned out great!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
Thanks!

I did something similar, (made it white) but just wasn't able to get the etching down very well. Of course I was trying to transcribe 1080p's instructions into Photoshop, maybe I just need to dowload the GiMP! I've used it and loved it on Linux machines before!

Edit: Turned out great!

I actually used Photoshop... LOL. Even if the pic was big... the cross lost it's clarity when it was resized. So I enhanced the cross on a separate layer. The red layer was very pixelated... so I had to mess with that layer a little too... then merged them together. That was a tough image to work with... so I'm glad it worked out.:)

el-John-o

macrumors 68000
Nov 29, 2010
Missouri
I actually used Photoshop... LOL. Even if the pic was big... the cross lost it's clarity when it was resized. So I enhanced the cross on a separate layer. The red layer was very pixelated... so I had to mess with that layer a little too... then merged them together. That was a tough image to work with... so I'm glad it worked out.:)

Well perhaps that's why yours looks so much better than mine! I really appreciate it, it looks great!

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
I suspected that ! :)

Don't you think the text "iOS" is a bit big or am I just strange ?

Sure... it is bigger than the other text, but such things really don't bother me. I mean... I think the whole reason anyone wants to change their carrier logo is to make their phone look different than it was before. I don't get why some people obsess on having it look identical to the rest of the text.

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
Could someone please make this a carrier symbols? Thanks in advance!
like this...url ??

Didn't know what color you wanted. So I made a set in the original color and a white set.

SK Telecom

Attachments

• sk_telecom-logo-whiteETCHED.png
    sk_telecom-logo-whiteETCHED.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 1,099
  • sk_telecom-logo-white.png
    sk_telecom-logo-white.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 1,083
  • sk_telecom-logoETCHED.png
    sk_telecom-logoETCHED.png
    7 KB · Views: 1,078
  • sk_telecom-logo.png
    sk_telecom-logo.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 1,084

ZhanjieZhang

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2013
1080p you do amazing work!!

If you could, can you please make 2 logos for me for this image that I attached?

Can I have one logo where its just the ship without the word "vanguard" and another where its the ship and the word vanguard together?

Thank you so much!!!

Attachments

• Vanguard Logo.jpg
    Vanguard Logo.jpg
    863.2 KB · Views: 2,094

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth

If you could, can you please make 2 logos for me for this image that I attached?

Can I have one logo where its just the ship without the word "vanguard" and another where its the ship and the word vanguard together?

Thank you so much!!!

Vanguard

Attachments

• Vanguard Logo.png
    Vanguard Logo.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 1,048
  • Vanguard Logo ETCHED.png
    Vanguard Logo ETCHED.png
    8 KB · Views: 1,051
  • Vanguard Ship.png
    Vanguard Ship.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 1,031
  • Vanguard Ship ETCHED.png
    Vanguard Ship ETCHED.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 1,046

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth

Thank you so much!!!

And in case you want the Vanguard in red...

Attachments

• Vanguard Logo Red.png
    Vanguard Logo Red.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 1,049
  • Vanguard Logo Red Etched.png
    Vanguard Logo Red Etched.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 1,047
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.