Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eeeRIE

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2005
User->Library->Safari is where Safari's bookmarks and preferences are kept. Is there any way I could set the location to a different spot?

Would I have to go into the application file itself and modify something? It sounds to me like that changing Safari's path manually somehow would be the way to go. It sounds like it would be possible. Or if there's some sort of preference I'm unaware of that could be set to change the path, how could I do it?

Eniregnat

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2003
In your head.
Why?

In any case, you should be able to move the folder and have the OS remap the connection dynamicly.

I shall do that now.

[EDIT] That was dumb. Do do it. Lost my bookmarks and I am not having a good time trying to replace the lybrary folder.

[EDIT 2] Fixed what I did. If you move it your brain will explode. Just a warning. Are you a Windwos user?

eeeRIE

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2005
Eniregnat said:
Why?

In any case, you should be able to move the folder and have the OS remap the connection dynamicly.

I shall do that now.

[EDIT] That was dumb. Do do it. Lost my bookmarks and I am not having a good time trying to replace the lybrary folder.

[EDIT 2] Fixed what I did. If you move it your brain will explode. Just a warning. Are you a Windwos user?

I have have something I'd like to try, that's why I want to do it.

I'm a mac user.

Eniregnat

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2003
In your head.
eeeRIE said:
I have have something I'd like to try, that's why I want to do it.

I'm a mac user.
Just being funny, most things in OS X end up in logical places, and on the 2k/XP networks I admin, well stuff ends up everywhere.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.