Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

malebolgia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2004
Today at work I found an old iBook (year or two old). I asked my boss if I use it as a work machine around campus. He told me I could, but the problem is the iBook power adaptor is broken. More correctly I should say the power cable somehow got ripped out of the power adaptor. If I get a new adaptor the iBook is mine to use (as a work machine).

I went to Apple's store to price how much one would be expecting it to be somewhat cheap, but of course it wasn't. Apple is selling the iBook power adaptor for $71, so is it possible to get a cheaper power adaptor (maybe a 3rd party one)?

hotwire132002

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2004
Cadillac, MI
malebolgia said:
Today at work I found an old iBook (year or two old). I asked my boss if I use it as a work machine around campus. He told me I could, but the problem is the iBook power adaptor is broken. More correctly I should say the power cable somehow got ripped out of the power adaptor. If I get a new adaptor the iBook is mine to use (as a work machine).

I went to Apple's store to price how much one would be expecting it to be somewhat cheap, but of course it wasn't. Apple is selling the iBook power adaptor for $71, so is it possible to get a cheaper power adaptor (maybe a 3rd party one)?

I think I saw a 3rd party one for about $40 at one point. What iBook model is it? G3 or G4? That would make a difference as to the adapter you need. BTW--Good job digging that up! That's a good find :) !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.