Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

topspin98

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2004
1. Is there a "Napster" for mac that would be a monthly price, sort of like Yahoo unlimited, that will work with iPod & iTunes??

2. What is the best place and cheapest place to buy a 20gig or 4g Nano iPod?

Thanks..

Jake

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
topspin98 said:
1. Is there a "Napster" for mac that would be a monthly price, sort of like Yahoo unlimited, that will work with iPod & iTunes??

Thanks..

Jake
Basically any place you can download mp3 you can use with iTunes and iPod.

www.allofmp3.com is well known for downloading mp3. Price is something like $0.03/mb. Its legality is still questionable at this point.

doucy2

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
its called limewire totally free lol
im sorry if you are against it though

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
i don't no of nay rent a songs(napster like stuff) for Mac OSX, im sure there are some just not as many as there are for PC. Use iTunes its better cuz if u do nt have the $$ to pay for a month you do not have to go song less plus over time iTunes is a better buy! What happens when Napster dies? You lose all your songs. If iTunes died you keep what u bought.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
topspin98 said:

Thanks..

Jake
1. Considering these rental services "require" Window DRM which the iPods do not support -- it'll be real tough. Apple at this point is avoiding supporting the subscription model. So no joy unless you find find fake Fairplay, or somebody giving you non-DRM songs.

2. Considering that MAP is usaully keeping the price the same, you need special offers (coupons and such) or somebody selling stolen iPods.

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
skubish said:
allofmp3.com is well known for downloading mp3. Price is something like $0.03/mb. Its legality is still questionable at this point.
What's there to question? What they are doing is illegal in most if not all countries consuming the goods, the artists and the copyright holders are NOT getting paid a cent (or a ruble). The fact that it happens to slip through a loophole in the laws of some other country is irrelevant.

I'm sure I could find a country somewhere in the world that has no laws against polygamy and has a low marriagable age, so if I import 5 teenaged brides to Canada from that country it otta be just fine, huh?
Didn't think so...

Heb1228

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
CanadaRAM is exactly right. If people could get your work for free, you would still want them to be honest and pay for it. And I'm still annoyed by the haphazard use of lol.

aspro

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2005
Hobart, Australia
I second eMusic, Ive been subscribed there for year now and its awesome. Although it may not be what you're after as there is no music from the major labels on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.