Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macs4nw

macrumors 601
This sort of thing could stop Apple from supplying iPhones to these carriers.

Yes it probably could if such a scenario was addressed in the contract with ChinaTelecom, but the question is, with the humongous market that is China, of which ChinaMobile all by itself has 750 Million+ subscribers, would Apple want to get persnickety with any of the Chinese carriers, especially after having had such a difficult time getting one of them onboard as an iPhone carrier?

rGiskard

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2012
Now that does look very nice. I prefer the image to the leaked iPhone 6 made from parts. What's everyone else's view?

That is indeed a great render. I've learned not to judge iPhone designs until I've held on in my hand - sometimes what looks bad on a screen is gorgeous in the hand. But that protruding lens, WTF? Just make the phone thicker and it will have killer battery life.

Lennholm

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2010
No no, people, this is just part of a plan to throw us off. Remember, Tim Cook is doubling down on security... ;)

imageWIS

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2009
NYC
I'll never understand the obsession people have to be THE FIRST ONE!!!1111!!! to have a new iPhone. If you want it 'first', just order it online. That's what I did with my iPhone 5S and guess what? It arrived in the mail while I was comfortably sitting at home.

CallOfDuty

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2012
I can read basic chinese and it seem to appear that the image also hints at a quad core A8 Chip.

my304

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2011
Sydney & Hangzhou
Well I'm living in China, and I'm also the user of China Telecom. just checked the China Telecom website and its Weibo but couldn't find any pages related to the iPhone 6 preorder.

Then I read couple news related to this issue and find the offical link was http://www.189.cn/bj/zthd/yyiphone6/ when bj stands for Beijing so I believe one of China Telecom Beijing staff leaked this accidiently.:eek:

This link leads to a blank page now. Apple may did something already.

Oirectine

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2003
Maryland
The trouble is the western world are terrible hypocrites. My company, (an American but very large multinational), does business in many countries.
They spout rules that can’t be breached and then say, ‘unless it’s allowed’ by local custom. Funny how money changes us all.

I don't know what you're smoking to be able to equate corruption in the West with that of China, but I want some. Let's look at the data, shall we? (I'm not claiming the data are perfect, but compared to anecdotes I'll take quantified statistics all day every day.)

Speaking of anecdotes, I am American, spent 3.5 years living in China, and am now on my 3rd year in Japan. China is making good progress, but is still decades behind most developed countries vis-a-vis rule of law and corruption. It still feels a lot like the Wild West.

Justsomay

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2014
I’d like to know how you can post specs and accept pre orders. They might be difefrent come launch day.

Even in my country, Thailand, there's one company also said that iPhone 6 will sell in Thailand the same day as USA and some of their customer will be lucky to get the iPhone for free in the first day! Tbh Asian is so different from western ;)

----------

I don't know what you're smoking to be able to equate corruption in the West with that of China, but I want some. Let's look at the data, shall we? (I'm not claiming the data are perfect, but compared to anecdotes I'll take quantified statistics all day every day.)

Speaking of anecdotes, I am American, spent 3.5 years living in China, and am now on my 3rd year in Japan. China is making good progress, but is still decades behind most developed countries vis-a-vis rule of law and corruption. It still feels a lot like the Wild West.

I'm Thai who traveled many countries in Asia, Australia and America. I've traveled to China 4 times. I spent 4 months living USA in 2012 and 2014. And I totally agree with you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.