Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CallMeTheArrow

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006

CallMeTheArrow

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
clevin said:
Vista isnt out yet, and I can't make judgment just on his words.

Agreed that the final is not out (and should not be out I think) but I have run the beta and can say, while it wasn't completely terrible, performance was poor, UAC was annoying, driver support was limited, and I hope the final is a LOT better.

The UI was also inconsistent in key areas.

More here:
http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=34268

The Inquirer wrote:
"Vista’s still a mess. It’s meant to be at release candidate stage, yet vendor’s are struggling to provide sufficient driver support, features are still missing or not yet complete, and its performance compared to XP is still poor. Nowadays hardware is cheap, and it would be sufficiently acceptable to upgrade in anticipation of a wonderfully revolutionary OS. Unfortunately Vista provides little to no benefit for end users compared to that of the previous version of Windows, released five years ago in 2001."

maxrobertson

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2006
Jakarta
What happens when Windows fanboys start bashing Windows? A revolution, that's what!

(ps- the fact that Vista still has vestiges from 3.1 blows my mind)

original.aspx

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Fort Lauderdale, FL
From what little I've experimented, RC1 was far better than Beta 2. Only issue is no audio, but I'm sure that's just a driver issue with Boot Camp that will inevitably be worked out. :p

chatin

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2005
Vista RC1 desktop horror show.

Microsoft hasn't layed this big an egg since Windows 1.0 - which was text based, not graphical.

All those guys got fired. History repeats itself with Bill getting the axe, this time!

:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.