Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andy8

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
I had only recently clean-installed M.Lion. This is the first time I'm having overall sluggishness caused by Chrome. I'm not sure what the problem is. The only extensions I use on Chrome are Google Dictionary and AdBlock. There is no Flash installed on my Mac.

When I play video (Youtube) usually on Chrome; the video lags a lot and freezes constantly between play time.

I'm using the latest version of Chrome : "Version 22.0.1229.79"
I've updated to ML 10.8.2.

screenshot20120929at172.png

If anyone has a solution to this problem, I'll appreciate it very much.

Thanks.

MacMan988

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2012
I had only recently clean-installed M.Lion. This is the first time I'm having overall sluggishness caused by Chrome. I'm not sure what the problem is. The only extensions I use on Chrome are Google Dictionary and AdBlock. There is no Flash installed on my Mac.

When I play video (Youtube) usually on Chrome; the video lags a lot and freezes constantly between play time.

I'm using the latest version of Chrome : "Version 22.0.1229.79"
I've updated to ML 10.8.2.

If anyone has a solution to this problem, I'll appreciate it very much.

Thanks.

I have seen the same issue a I moved back to Safari a long time ago. I have seen a similar thing with the Skype and I stopped using that too. Perhaps a memory leak in those apps.

andy8

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
I have seen the same issue a I moved back to Safari a long time ago. I have seen a similar thing with the Skype and I stopped using that too. Perhaps a memory leak in those apps.

Thanks. I moved from Safari to Chrome because the former was crashing most of the time. Hopefully Apple comes out with a fix for Safari 6 quickly.

MacMan988

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2012
Thanks. I moved from Safari to Chrome because the former was crashing most of the time. Hopefully Apple comes out with a fix for Safari 6 quickly.

I suggest you to disable what ever the extensions you have and check if the problem still exists.

hope someone will give you a better answer to your problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.