Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Feb 19, 2005
I'm in the market for a new phone. I have Cingular and at this time I do not have any plans on switching. Both contracts on the account are up. Cingular sucks in the department of upgrading phones, Verizon was the best I thought, but that is beside the point.

Lately I've wanted the SLVR, but I don't really know why. Probably because it's a hot looking phone with less then hot reviews. I started thinking about what I did on my phone and besides talk, I text quite a bit, IM, and take silly pictures of the most random things (such as a couch for the office I liked).

Anyway, I did a comparison of PDA phones, I used to always have a PDA and liked it--and sort of miss it. Long story short, I wanted the Palm Treo that Cingular has, but the camera sucks (I'd like a camera that is semi better than my T616) and I'd like a calendar feature. I like this Samsung D307 they have, but there is no camera. In my comparison it came down to two, one was a few hundred more than the other so I went with the Cingular 8125.

It runs on Microsoft® Windows Mobile(TM) 5.0 Pocket PC Edition. Since I sold my Axim I wouldn't know if it would sync easy and well with my Mac. Moreover, if anyone has this phone and would like to comment on it, I'm not yet married to the idea so I'm open to suggestions.

Things I look for are:
How does it feel to talk with it? I had the Nokia 9300 and measuring over 7" long at the time when it first came out, it was too large and the phone was on the back of the whole thing, it was odd.
How large does it feel? I am a lady, but I do not carry a purse. I'm not about to start just because I have a larger phone. How is it in a pocket? I do not usually wear anything real tight, jeans included.
Features wise how well does the BT sync with a Mac.
How's the camera...etc etc.

I'm looking for these answers other places, but I thought I'd toss it out here as well. Thanks in advance for your help.

PS...I figured this was the alternative to the Sidekick II which I actually kind of like, but I don't have T-mobile.

treblah

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2003
jessica. said:
It runs on Microsoft® Windows Mobile(TM) 5.0 Pocket PC Edition. Since I sold my Axim I wouldn't know if it would sync easy and well with my Mac. Moreover, if anyone has this phone and would like to comment on it, I'm not yet married to the idea so I'm open to suggestions.

Until Mark/Space releases The Missing Sync 2.5 this phone (any WM5 phones actually) is useless with a Mac.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Feb 19, 2005
Thank you. I didn't know that.
That kinda sucks that after paying that much for a phone, you have to pay more to make it work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.