Circuit city warranty

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by playm0de, Jul 11, 2006.

1. playm0de macrumors member

Jun 18, 2006
    I'd just like to share that if you are buying an ipod you should buy it from circuit city. I bought my 4th gen 40 gig non color iPod from circuit city in 2004 for $400. I paid $60 for a warranty which states that they send you the money you paid for the item if it breaks within a 2 year period. Almost 2 years later [5 months short of the warranty expiring] the iPod died completely. I sent my iPod to the circuit city warranty building [not sure of the actual name] and 2 weeks later I received a gift card for $400.

Pretty cool you get the same price you paid for the item a whole 2 years after. The warranty now includes items that have been dropped accidentally...not just products that have hardware failure.
  2. BAspecialCake macrumors member

Jul 10, 2006
    Live on the IGN Boards
  3. verozov macrumors regular

Jan 8, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Yah my friend got a warranty from circuit city on his ipod but got a new one instead, on the spot. I bought some speakers from circuit city and got the warranty, $20 in case they blow out...
  4. jtown macrumors 6502

Jul 3, 2003
    Yep. I went through a number of portable CD players that way in the late 80s and early 90s. They never lasted a full 2 years. After about 18-20 months, they'd be skipping and the headphone jack would be intermittent. Drop by CC, give them my old unit, pick out a new one, put the difference in price towards another service plan, and head back out. That's the only situation where a service plan like that makes sense. When you know for a fact that the product won't outlive the coverage. Then someone messed up the cycle by giving me a new CD player so I used the credit for a boom box which lasted for many years.