Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

choekyongpalga

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2007
Hi guys.

I'm new to this forum and to mac gaming as well. I've read all the posts above and couldn't find anyone discussing whether Civ 4 still crashes with the latest patch 1.74. I'm still downloading the patch as I have a slow connection here.

The game (version 1.61) used to crash every single time I tried to play even the tutorial, let alone the main campaign! I have a 15 " MacBook Pro 2.2 ghz, 2 gb ram, 128 mb 3d card. I've heard of the game having problem with just this particular Mac model.

So I'm thinking of installing the latest patch but don't know whether my old no cd patch will work or not. Can anyone please enlighten me? And if I do need a new no cd patch, can anyone most kindly pm me the link? Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you

jude4312

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2007
if your no cd patch is a mountable one, it might work. if it's just a cracking the main app, it won't work. by the way, can i have the patch you have?

Royevans

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2007
If your using a mountable crack then you don't have to worry because a mountable image tells the computer that the CD is in the drive (it's just a rip of the files) however if your using an over written .EXE file then your going to need to create one or find one which ever you feel is better.

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
They did. xpressyrself must not have noticed that this thread is nearly three years old.

xpressyrself

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2009
They did. xpressyrself must not have noticed that this thread is nearly three years old.

Hey sorry people. I was pretty vague in my last post. I do realise that this thread is now 3 years old, but I only got the 'nocd patch' yesterday, and it is working fine with Civilization IV v1.74.

I did not know that Firaxis released an official patch which removes the CD requirement from Civilization IV, or Civilization IV - Warlords, as far as I am aware Civilization IV - Beyond The Sword v3.19 was the only one they made CD-free. I got this information from another thread:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=9858051#post9858051

This thread wasn't about the expansions, the question was 'Civilization 4 1.74 no cd patch please!!!!', and there was no solution posted, so here it is for anyone who still wants it (obviously this is for the Mac OSX version):

http://rapidshare.com/files/428591843/Civilization_IV_v1.74_nocd.zip

Please report any broken links and I will re-post.

Last edited:

garretsw

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2012
I don't care if its three years old

This no cd crack just helped me so Thanks for answering his question even though it was three years old at the time

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.