Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lowonthe456

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
Gey all,

So I finally updated. I'm on a 2011 MBA.

I guess I didn't fully understand Airplay...I thought that, like iOS, when playing a youtube vid, I could stream it to my ATV. But it seems that you have to mirrir your entire screen and then go full screen...is this correct?

ALso, when doing that, when I stop the resolution doesnt seem to come back correctly to the mac screen...is this just me?

:apple: :)

AnderMZ

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2012
Hi

Well, first of all: yes, what Airplay does is duplicate your Mac's screen, so whatever is in your Mac's screen will be shown in the ATV. It is a little bit different from the iDevices, where when playing a video the whole screen goes into it.

Now, about that "resolution" problem, what do you mean by "It doesn't seem to come back correctly"? How does it shows after you use Airplay?

lowonthe456

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
Thank you for clarifying...I must learn to pay attention better these day

As for my issue, When I was playing a youtube video and then quit safari, my mac screen had black bars on it (top and bottom) after safari quit.

I had to open Display Preferences and change the resolution to "best for this LCD" and it fixed itself. I hope I wouldn't have to do this every time...was'nt sure if others were having the same issue

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.